Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he probably suits games where we going to be on top 

This is it for me. Against a more dynamic team going forward, Trezs workrate gets him in over El Ghazi. 

Not saying that's right, but I think that's where we are at. 

I think if trez and el ghazi are both fit against chelsea, Trez will start. 

• Like 1

A lot of people complain about his long shots, but I can remember a few times his first season here where he played a lot of matches, there were often times where his shot forced a parry which resulted in a goal, or even just went straight in. I like a bit of a shot outside the box, and it makes the defenders think twice as they can't just sit back and try and stop the dribbles and one-twos. He's different to our other wingers. In fact all four of our wingers, if you could Grealish, are very different players. This is a good thing. 

1 hour ago, blunther said:

A lot of people complain about his long shots, but I can remember a few times his first season here where he played a lot of matches, there were often times where his shot forced a parry which resulted in a goal, or even just went straight in. I like a bit of a shot outside the box, and it makes the defenders think twice as they can't just sit back and try and stop the dribbles and one-twos. He's different to our other wingers. In fact all four of our wingers, if you could Grealish, are very different players. This is a good thing. 

Hell mcginns goal in the playoff final came from one of his shots that was blocked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Hell mcginns goal in the playoff final came from one of his shots that was blocked. 

When he cuts in from the left to shoot defenders always seem to panic. That can only be a plus even if his shots rarely go in.

12 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Was interesting to listen to him in his post match interview. He came across exactly the opposite to what I expected. Seemed humble, self-aware and critical, and had a determination to improve. Obviously I'm reaching here because it was a minute long interview but that's what I picked up. 

Suppose it shows how you can't be quick to judge people without knowing their character. From his body language and just general persona I got the impression he would be a bit of a sulky prima donna - but I think I got that very wrong

If anything he's far to critical of himself. Always seemed to be a confidence player who's easily affected if his performance isn't perfect from from the start. Thrives from support and love, not criticism. Theres plenty of ability there the days he believes in himself. Sadly that doesn't happen to often. 

His performances suffers from his psyche not his abilities. 

Looks to me like he's climbing that mountain now. Exciting times ahead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Every interview he ever does he’s a class act. Including right after the playoff final when he said he loved the club and was desperate to move here. He’s just seen as sulky by the fanbase sometimes because he’s quiet and has a bit of a ‘resting bitch face’.

The interview after the cup final and the one before the season started last season where he said he changed his number as a tribute to his friend Nouri were 10/10. He's a 10/10 human being that you can't help but root for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The interview after the cup final and the one before the season started last season where he said he changed his number as a tribute to his friend Nouri were 10/10. He's a 10/10 human being that you can't help but root for. 

Also I liked when the club were posting something on social media that summer and everyone was replying ‘announce Mings’ and he replied ‘ANNOUNCE ME’ haha 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Also I liked when the club were posting something on social media that summer and everyone was replying ‘announce Mings’ and he replied ‘ANNOUNCE ME’ haha 

Anwar the person and the player on the pitch look like 2 different people. If you watch his interviews after the Wolves and WBA games you could never tell this is a player who's been left out of the side all season and looked timid and unconfident on the pitch. The fact that he's turned his form around shows his character.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Haha I forgot about that, he would of got in so much trouble for that but he didn't care! 

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Every interview he ever does he’s a class act. Including right after the playoff final when he said he loved the club and was desperate to move here. He’s just seen as sulky by the fanbase sometimes because he’s quiet and has a bit of a ‘resting bitch face’.

Yep ... pleased to say I completely misjudged his character. I can see why he seems like a popular lad in the dressing room now. 

He's coming of age, and with that, he's turning into a decent player in the top tier.

Needs some polishing, needs some poise and finesse in the heat of the moment, but he may yet become a very decent player in this league.

Personally think the biggest reason for the renaissance is the fact he is playing on the left. He is a left-winger - no two ways about it. He is just nowhere near as effective on the right. Trezeguet is actually too imo, tho he has managed to adapt his game. Even though Traore hasn't set the world alight, he is improving and brings us so much more balance.

Â