Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Which is pretty much a summary of his entire time here. On another day...

Truth is his effort is good, his approach play is good but his end product and decision making just isn’t.

Possibly. Obviously we can only compare to his previous form so easy to say he won't ever improve. Or, there is the possibility that, because he's not had much game time he was over compensating tonight and trying too hard. Perhaps if given more chances he will become better for us. Personally I can't rule that out entirely. Tonight was a positive for the stand in players. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

uhm what? Traore was one of, if not the worst villa player on the pitch tonight

Agree, if Traore knew what a right foot was we would also have won. He had two chances way easier than AEGs

Traore effort improved but jeez if he’s not going to use his right foot, get him into another position because there’s not a low of value on the right with him there. 

AEG had a good game he just kept trying to blaze it in from 20 yards instead of passing 

We went into the summer transfer window knowing he wasn’t good enough and he is somehow still starting games. 

I have nothing against the bloke, it’s just a serious failing of our scouting/transfer team for him or Trezeguet to be playing as much as they do for us. 

He needs to go and tear it up for some mid table French club. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

uhm what? Traore was one of, if not the worst villa player on the pitch tonight

Traore hasn’t had a season in this league though. If he is playing the same way this time next season he’ll be another one that is soon out the door. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I have nothing against the bloke, it’s just a serious failing of our scouting/transfer team for him or Trezeguet to be playing as much as they do for us. 

A serious failing of our scouting team? He's barely played!

Just now, KentVillan said:

A serious failing of our scouting team? He's barely played!

If we’d scouted better or signed some decent players, we wouldn’t have to suffer the notion of Anwar or Trezeguet playing for us. 

Martinez, Cash, Barkley and Watkins were excellent signings in the summer but we desperately needed another decent wide player and we just haven’t done that. 

Yet again, we’ll go into a transfer window needing a right winger/forward. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we’d scouted better or signed some decent players, we wouldn’t have to suffer the notion of Anwar or Trezeguet playing for us. 

Martinez, Cash, Barkley and Watkins were excellent signings in the summer but we desperately needed another decent wide player and we just haven’t done that. 

At least we don’t need a GK!

He looks utterly shot of confidence in front of goal. He did a lot of good work today, but the decision making and end product was severely lacking.

I always feel like he has it in him to do well. I'm willing him to succeed at this point.

• Like 1

My only real criticism of him tonight was that he didn’t try to mix up his efforts, every one was looking for the right corner, he could have switched it up and shot back across goal once or twice.

Played well though and was a constant threat, maybe a bit more game time and he relaxes a little in front of goal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just don't buy this at all. You can't fix every single hole in a squad in a single transfer window.

It's clear we made an effort to bring Rashica in, and probably looked at Benrahma as well. With Barkley fit, we don't need to start El Ghazi. Not sure what you're complaining about tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I just don't buy this at all. You can't fix every single hole in a squad in a single transfer window.

It's clear we made an effort to bring Rashica in, and probably looked at Benrahma as well. With Barkley fit, we don't need to start El Ghazi. Not sure what you're complaining about tbh.

How can you not see we’re desperately short of genuine quality out wide? 

Grealish is/was only ever played on the left because we were so absolutely rubbish there that we kind of converted him into a left sided player. 

Our only genuine wide players are Traore, Trezeguet and El Ghazi. That’s really not good enough for this level. I’m not saying everything can be fixed at one time, but who thought Traore was ever going to be the answer? You can argue we ‘Tried’ to bring in players but that isn’t good enough. 

We need more wide forward players. Decent ones. 

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's that easy it is when youre basically relegation fodder? Come on get real. You can only do so much in a transfer window and theres bound to be holes in the team. You could argue Dean hasnt utilised the subs enough up until now. Perhaps if he had there might have been goals tonight. 

Edited by birdman
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Because trez wouldn’t miss a sitter ever... oh wait...

Not interested in arguing against your point since nobody is saying the opposite as far as i can see so ill let you argue that one with yourself. Trez has and will be ahead of him when available theres no doubt about that.

Â