John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I listened to his interview with Jim Whyte on TS this morning. He was speaking after the game on Saturday. When asked how Emery had improved his game, he replied, in Scotland you took two touches you were told to "get rid," now, as long as you're not being pressed you're encouraged to keep the ball and look for the best option for letting that ball go. And you can actually see how, in the last few games especially, he is doing that to wonderful effect.

You can see the admiration Emery has for this humble man.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I listened to his interview with Jim Whyte on TS this morning. He was speaking after the game on Saturday. When asked how Emery had improved his game, he replied, in Scotland you took two touches you were told to "get rid," now, as long as you're not being pressed you're encouraged to keep the ball and look for the best option for letting that ball go. And you can actually see how, in the last few games especially, he is doing that to wonderful effect.

You can see the admiration Emery has for this humble man.

And that’s exactly what he did for our second goal. You could see him calculating the best time to pass to Moreno while the Newcastle defenders dithered around him and he timed it just right!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

For the pitch side video, there’s something hilarious about McGinn and Emi B ganging up on Burn. Like two terriers overpowering a giant. 

Just watched. At the end when going to dressing room Martinez says "Semi finals lads let's go." That's the attitude they have to every game now

He's in the best form ever in all his time in the premier league and it shows his character that he's come back after Stevie Me's disaster with the captaincy situation.

Meatball is back and don't we all know and love it.

Contributed to us getting back control yesterday when he went into the middle. Up until then I thought he was solid but he really took the game by the scruff with Douglas and Emi 2 and they helped us get the point.

Watching highlights what stood out, and was mentioned in podcast I listened to after, was after Dougie scored and ran to the fans Mcginn grabbed him and hurried players back to centre circle thinking about the win 

• Like 3

How good was this man today. Great to see. The finish wasn't there for a goal but otherwise I'm over the moon for him. 

Am I right in thinking he gave the match ball to the crowd?

On 26/04/2023 at 00:16, A'Villan said:

Am I right in thinking he gave the match ball to the crowd?

Yeah, he threw it to a kid by the touchline just after the final whistle. I think it might have been one of the ball boys.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, robby b said:

Yeah, he threw it to a kid by the touchline just after the final whistle. I think it might have been one of the ball boys.

He was apologising to the ref's and I saw him look as if he were going to give it the crowd before that, but the camera image changed focus beforehand. 

Nice touch. Home crowd with the best reasons to celebrate. Well over a decade since we've occupied this sort of territory in the standings.

• Like 1

Â