John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, Xela said:

No one watches him more than our manager and training staff. 

Gerrard loves him. Dean Smith loved him. Steve Clarke loves him. 

Yeah that's obvious. Love is blind apparently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Or good enough to play a role in an area we’ve struggled in for 3+ seasons. Other fans love Mcginn because he throws himself about the pitch and does the odd turn, Saturday was a perfect example of it.

I'm thinking if we do strengthen the midfield like Gerrard wants, then Kamara and new CM will play behind McGinn. An advanced role would suit him better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its funny as other clubs fans, pundits, other managers and players all seem to love McGinn

Only people who don't are some of the Villa fanbase. Perhaps not exciting or foreign enough. 

We just need a scapegoat all the time.

The guy is a good player and great lad. Seems a sensible choice for captain tbh. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

The guy is a good player and great lad. Seems a sensible choice for captain tbh. 

What does that mean? You already think we will have a poor season or that McGinn was a poor choice?

If not then scapegoat for what?

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If this happened 2 seasons ago everyone would have been delighted.  Hope Captain McGinn can prove everyone wrong.

2 seasons ago we wanted to stay in the league. This season we want top 8. Have you seen enough from Mcginn in the last two seasons to suggest he’s good enough to take us there? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm thinking if we do strengthen the midfield like Gerrard wants, then Kamara and new CM will play behind McGinn. An advanced role would suit him better. 

I had this view when Gerrard joined but it’s clear that’s not the plan for him

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Is it possible to criticise a player without them being called a scapegoat on here. Mcginn receives praise and criticism, I think he’s very limited and the opposite of how Gerrard says he wants us to play

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

god i dont get how he gets so much hate i love the guy one of our best midfielders.

Is it hate thou?

Feels like it's mostly people who don't like the idea of him being captain or don't want him starting every week. That's not hate.

• Like 4

Just now, The_Steve said:

Wonder if McGinn will shift more towards an advanced role like he does with Scotland now with.

If we want to play someone in a more advanced position we should just play Coutinho or Buendia instead. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Wonder if McGinn will shift more towards an advanced role like he does with Scotland now with.

And keep one of Bailey or Buendia out to accommodate him? I shudder at the thought 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

2 seasons ago we wanted to stay in the league. This season we want top 8. Have you seen enough from Mcginn in the last two seasons to suggest he’s good enough to take us there? 

Yes, just not consistently. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Is it hate thou?

Feels like it's mostly people who don't like the idea of him being captain or don't want him starting every week. That's not hate.

This, exactly. McGinn has many qualities, and should be used as part of a squad. But would you build the team around him, as Gerrard has already stated that he planned to do? 

I wouldn't. 

• Like 3

Â