UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

That was a pretty good card,

Imagine not getting a performance-bonus when you pull off a Von Flue choke. :huh:

Brilliant finish from Ngannou. I think that Miocic's game plan was rocked when that first takedown was defended so well. There was only going to be one winner if the fight was staying on feet.

Seems like Porier v McGregor 3 is on for July. Chances that this will end up PPV in the UK? It shouldn't be, McGregor shouldn't really be a PPV fighter any more. There's so many better fighters out there and it feels like it's going to just cater to the masses of people who only know who Conor is...

The smaller cage really hampered Stipe and you could see he was confused/surprised by Ngannou's new found respect/training/common sense. Great finish by Ngannou. If he missed that shot, there was a real good chance Stipe would have done him right after. Let's see how long Jones drags the negotiations for the title shot. His KO would be such a popular event, though I could see him trying to front knee kick Ngannou to death.

On 28/03/2021 at 15:43, Tegis said:

Imagine not getting a performance-bonus when you pull off a Von Flue choke. :huh:

My initial reaction to any pro getting Von Flued is that they should know better than to hang on to the guillotine with no guard but after getting slammed and being trapped right against the fence like that letting go of the head would've left him vulnerable to take an unrighteous amount of damage so you can't really blame him on that one. :lol:

In other news, local boy Edwards is fighting Nate Diaz in the first non main event, non title fight 5 rounder in UFC history. Definitely worthy of 5 rounds imho so I'm glad they've done it.

• Like 1

Those new Venum outfits are an improvement.

Mackenzie Dern with a bit of striking is a problem

Edited by Tegis
spiderman

• 2 weeks later...

Jaysus what a night, Brendan Allen sweet ankle lock, and Randy Brown with a one arm rear naked choke. And that still doesn't make any headlines for obvious reasons.

Rogan collecting memes

• Like 1

On 25/04/2021 at 10:42, Tegis said:

Jaysus what a night, Brendan Allen sweet ankle lock, and Randy Brown with a one arm rear naked choke. And that still doesn't make any headlines for obvious reasons.

Rogan collecting memes

Rogan is getting increasingly head wrecking on cards now, and completely hamming up what used to be cool reaction vids.

Cracking card. Got a good laugh at Jorge getting clipped given how casual he was acting in the stand-up, very reminiscent of when Khabib clipped Conor. 

• Like 1

Â