UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Brilliant card.

Gaethje v Chandler was a FOTY contender. Top end of the Lightweight division is unreal.

Rose did just about enough, but could have gone either way. Ground control at the end probably swung it.

Usman is just so sharp, he looks unbeatable at the moment. If Edwards beats Masvidal (Edwards is the better fighter, but Masvidal is awkward) then he should be next in line, though sadly I don't see him beating him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Usman is just so sharp, he looks unbeatable at the moment. If Edwards beats Masvidal (Edwards is the better fighter, but Masvidal is awkward) then he should be next in line, though sadly I don't see him beating him.

I don't see anyone beating Usman currently. Even though he did take a few shots off Colby, he doesnt swell or cut. Must be depressing for an opponent seeing his face after 5 rounds and he looks fresh as a daisy.

43 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What quality fights these two were!

Round 1 of the Holloway - Rodriguez was a thing of beauty, some of the shots / angles / movement were sublime. Ended being a brutal encounter like JG-MC, both contenders for fight of the year. Would love to see all 4 do it again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gutted for Poirier, he was winning the stand up but Oliveira is just such a clever fighter. His grappling game is off the charts.

Amazing that Pena came out with the win considering that Nunes was toying with her first round. If she'd have carried on attacking the lead leg it could have been a different fight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thought it was another event that delivered in bucket loads.

Those last 2 fights just wow!

Im trying to think of a card that delivered like this one. There are outliers on fight-nights but this PPV was just spectacular. 9 finishes, spectacular KOs, slick submissions and the upset of.....**** it, how many years?

The guy who threw 350 grand on Nunes must be thrilled.

Cody, another in the long line of "dropping wheight-classes is generally a bad idea"

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Gutted for Poirier, he was winning the stand up but Oliveira is just such a clever fighter. His grappling game is off the charts.

Amazing that Pena came out with the win considering that Nunes was toying with her first round. If she'd have carried on attacking the lead leg it could have been a different fight.

I was cheering for Dustin as I thought he deserved the strap, just wasn't meant to be.

As for the Nunes/Pena fight, I thought it showed they both had awful cardio. That 2nd round they both looked like extras from The Walking Dead, flat footed, shuffling about with wild slow motion swings. Completely gassed after 6mins. Props to Pena though, I do like to see an underdog win.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I was cheering for Dustin as I thought he deserved the strap, just wasn't meant to be.

As for the Nunes/Pena fight, I thought it showed they both had awful cardio. That 2nd round they both looked like extras from The Walking Dead, flat footed, shuffling about with wild slow motion swings. Completely gassed after 6mins. Props to Pena though, I do like to see an underdog win.

Yeah I agree. Nunes especially - it seemed like all composure went out of the window once she'd taken a couple of shots. Almost like she had gotten so used to not taking damage so she completely tensed up and panicked.

The thing with Nunes looking spent though is that she's always moving forwards and when someone's shots are connecting it bloody takes it out of you, Pena's jab was immense and some of the heavy shots will make you look like you've had enough. All that said, being so much better then everyone else, does Nunes even plan for 25mins? 

Nunes hits like a bloke, all opponents look like they've gone 12 rounds in no time.

5 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

UFC is in a great place at the moment, Boxing on the other hand....

Every month there is a cracking title fight, I know Dana has his haters but credit where credit is due. 

Boxing has been soiled by dodgy supplements, dodgy judges and worst of all, Youtubers.

Â