World Cup : Round of 16

BOF

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

What is it with footballers crying when they lose these days? When did that become the norm?

Shortly after kissing each other became the norm

De Gea is abysmal at saving penalties.

Think he's saved 4 out of 25 he's faced at Man. United.

Spain just lack motivation nowadays, should've wiped the floor with Russia.

One of Croatia, Russia, Denmark, England, Colombia, Swiss or Sweden is playing in World Cup final this year.....:ph34r:

• Like 1

Spain were **** dreadful, glad they went out. How you beat a team never attempting a forward pass or risk I’ll never know.

Croatia to pump the Russians next game and all is right with the world.

I hope it doesn't become like the 2002 WC, when South Korea got to the semi's by benefitting from a shitload of dodgy decisions.

Spain should have had a pen at the end of extra-time, then Akinfeev was literally on the edge of the six-yard box for the two penalties he saved.

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What is it with footballers crying when they lose these days? When did that become the norm?

Snowflakes ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One of Croatia, Russia, Denmark, England, Colombia, Swiss or Sweden is playing in World Cup final this year.....:ph34r:

Sounds fantastic to me

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Spain got what they deserved. Too much fannying around. 

They are their own worst enemies. All that ability and play with the the handbrake in. Got what they deserved

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

De Gea is abysmal at saving penalties.

Think he's saved 4 out of 25 he's faced at Man. United.

Spain just lack motivation nowadays, should've wiped the floor with Russia.

Congratulations to Croatia for making the final.

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Croatia (+2 Yugoslav appearances back in the day) and Russia (well USSR) with one semi final appearance each. Sweden previous finalists alongside their 3 other Semi final appearances and us with our 1 win and one 4th place finish have the World Cup pedigree there. Swiss have 3 QF's to their name and Denmark and Colombia have only ever reached the last 8 once before.

Fascinating half of the draw

I put a couple of quid on Switzerland at 33/1 the other day.  I think they're as good as any on that list so far.  Anyway Spain just got schooled by a team set up perfectly.  Possibly having a proper manager might have made the difference today but you have to take your hat off for a team playing for penalties and pulling it off.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I put a couple of quid on Switzerland at 33/1 the other day.  I think they're as good as any on that list so far.  Anyway Spain just got schooled by a team set up perfectly.  Possibly having a proper manager might have made the difference today but you have to take your hat off for a team playing for penalties and pulling it off.

Swiss my outsiders aswell. They're bleeding tough to beat over 90 minutes and got players like Shaqiri and Ricardo Rodriguez (good free kicks) who can score goals from out of nothing in tight games.

Croatia favourites, winner of England-Colombia second favourites.

Spain have only themselves to blame, who sacks a manager 2 days before a tournament starts and they have liked dire since then

Hopefully the clown who oversaw that will be sacked

• Like 1

Â