World Cup : Round of 16

BOF

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Iran keeper had interesting technique, not sure what you make of it Steve?

Stood behind the line so when diving forward he had a tiny bit more time to get to the ball. Saved from Ronaldo.

Yeah I’ve seen that a few times over the years, tried it myself too. 

I don’t know how legal it is these days. You definitely can’t move off your line forward before the penalty is taken but I don’t know the rules for starting behind it. 

If it’s legal then it’s brilliant. Anything you can do to cut down the angle works. 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Well.. he's not wrong is he?  Not all keepers dive before the ball is kicked like De Gea yesterday, the good ones watch the ball.  

How many penalties go down the middle?  Or aren't in the corner? Loads.  

He coached at a level too, and one of his keepers saved something stupid like 45% of the penalties he faced over a season. 

Pro-keepers may have to switch up tactics, but the onus of a penalty is on the kicker, not the keeper. 

Well he kinda is to be honest. It might work at a lower level when the opposition don’t know who you are. 

But any kind of level where they might know who you are it would never work. There’s a reason no good keepers do this.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well he kinda is to be honest. It might work at a lower level when the opposition don’t know who you are. 

But any kind of level where they might know who you are it would never work. There’s a reason no good keepers do this.

Yea well my dad Peter Schmeichel, so **** off 

And he's got a big willy. ?

Edited by lapal_fan

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea well my dad Peter Schmeichel, so **** off 

And he's got a big willy. ?

Yeah it’s **** massive to be fair to him. 

id hate to think what Neymar would do if he got a real kick. Sure he stood on his ankle, but there wasn't that much weight behind it to make his react like that. Embarrassing.

Edited by Daniel

do you if brazil won this tournament with neymar scoring the winner people would finally start talking about his crazy scoring record at international level and how he has a far far better tournament record than ronaldo and messi?

or that his play acting is laughably bad and he's a massive bell end?

ruining it for himself, this is a tournament with the world at his feet and his reputation is in the dirt because of what he's doing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My dad was decent keeper back in the day.  He's adamant that you let the player shoot and watch the ball. 

He says you're never going to save a good penalty, but there are so many shit ones that you'll save a couple in 5.  The amount of times keepers dive and the ball goes down the middle is absolutely infuriating to him :lol:  

This was my tactic, just react to what happens. That said, I did give away keeping in my late teens, so I rarely faced a player who could strike the ball with accuracy and power.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

do you if brazil won this tournament with neymar scoring the winner people would finally start talking about his crazy scoring record at international level and how he has a far far better tournament record than ronaldo and messi?

or that his play acting is laughably bad and he's a massive bell end?

ruining it for himself, this is a tournament with the world at his feet and his reputation is in the dirt because of what he's doing

If Brazil win the tournament it'll do absolute wonders for his legacy. Nobody will care about the rolling around on the ground.

I'm surprised the Mexican player didn't get carded for treading on his ankle though. Knew exactly what he was doing.

Tonight could be a mauling.  Belgium-3 are 7/1.  I've stuck €30 on them -1 @ 21/20.  The danger of -3 is if they get to three up they could protect their better players and take them off.

The sad thing is he really had a good game where he shows glimpses of absolute brilliance, but the only thing I take away from the game is ‘wow, that Neymar really is a horrible little sack of shit’. 

Edited by Michelsen

Â