Season Tickets 2019/20

PieFacE

Season Tickets for Aston Villa's 2019/20 Premier League campaign are set to break all records as they close in on the incredible 30,000 mark.

It is the first time in the modern era that so many Villa supporters have bought a season card guaranteeing them access to all league games in the campaign.

Since being available again on Monday, sales have soared in anticipation of our return to the top flight with more than 3,000 snapped up within the first 24-hour period.

Added to those who had already renewed – including more than 20,000 ‘Early Bird’ Season Ticket holders – the previous record of 27,709 from 2008/09 season is set to be surpassed, resulting in the decision to limit the total available to 30,000.

Chief Commercial Officer Nicola Ibbetson said: “The demand for Season Tickets has been remarkable and we thank everybody for their incredible support. We started with a record-breaking ‘Early Bird’ period of sale and the momentum has continued. This has come after an exceptional surge in matchday attendances at Villa Park last season.

“We have decided to cap the total number of Season Tickets for 2019/20 season at 30,000. It will give supporters who are unable to buy a Season Ticket for whatever reason, be it economic or logistical, an opportunity to buy matchday tickets for our league games at Villa Park.

“It will enable close to 8,000 matchday tickets to be sold to Villa fans for each home game of what promises to be a really exciting season.”

The deadline for the small number of existing Season Ticket holders who have not renewed for the new campaign to do so is midnight on Friday 28th June.

Relocation day on Saturday 29th June will be for seat relocation only. No new sales will take place.

The club has created a waiting list for new and returning supporters who did not have a Season Ticket last season.

Supporters can now register their interest by entering their details on the waiting list, which will then be categorised by order of registration on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to availability.

Those on the list will then be notified as new Season Tickets become available.

You can register by calling 0333 323 1874 or clicking here.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/18/season-tickets-capped-after-records

• Like 2

I can't remember us ever having had a cap before. 

I think 30,000 is right on the edge of what you can do before you end up in a situation where if you redevelop the North Stand, you have to tell existing season ticket holders there's no room for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bully said:

Wow. 4000 on waiting list already 😳

Not sure that’s on the waiting list I read it as just over 4K season tickets available but everyone now goes on the waiting list.  Yesterday over £1k for 2 seemed pricy, why didn’t I follow my gut like @villarule123

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I mean, if we remarkably land in a Top 4 position this season, then I suppose someone that had no affinity to the club and then decided to get a ST could be labelled a "plastic", but yeah, anyone right now that gets a ticket for the league that we've spent most of the last 30 years in, can hardly be called plastic.

I work with a Man Utd fan that has a ST. I'd call him a plastic fan. He's earned some respect from me because he does (or did, until recently) drive to every home game and some away games. But that doesn't change the fact that he had no connection to Man Utd or Manchester at all, and seemingly just chose them because they were successful.

I prefer the term 'new fan' 

I've always gone with the idea that you should support your local team, if you are doing that and someone calls you a plastic then that's just dumb. Always hated the idea of not supporting my local team, only go to a few games these days but I am far from being a plastic. I find that quite insulting

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

that 8,000 will include Cubs, Lions Clubs, media, players families and so on, prize tickets, tickets for local schools and all of the other good things the club quietly gets on with. 

I don't think the 8000 does cover the groups mentioned. Villa Park can hold 42.5k. So that leaves 4.5k tickets that won't go on general sale for the situations you mention. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think the 8000 does cover the groups mentioned. Villa Park can hold 42.5k. So that leaves 4.5k tickets that won't go on general sale for the situations you mention. 

3,000 for away fans.

They will surely want to look at expanding Villa Park now. 

I always knew that with a bit of belief and attractive football the crowds would fill Villa Park no problem. 

Imagine the demand next year if we have a successful season? 

We should have sold like this under MON but even being successful it all just felt a bit drab. I give you Marlon Harewood and Habib Beye. No one was convinced but now there is belief and people are on board. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1