18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was generalising....

If you want to be specific....Drawing, when you are seeking promotion is a cosmetic defeat....it's dropping 2 points....that's kinda fine/ish, in a relegation battle, but for promotion its not.

Its an observation, not a criticism, but we have won 6 out of 15....who is to blame is another debate.

We all know the difficulties....all the more reason to be realistic.

If it’s just inconsistency you’re getting at and who to blame is another point, I’m not sure why you’re limiting that stat to the 15 post Bruce results.

Why don’t you say 6 wins from the last 18 games? Or 7 wins from the last 24? Or just go the whole hog and say 9 wins from 26?

They’re all accurate statements and they’d highlight your point better than just picking the results post Bruce.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Be interesting to see if Leeds promotion push will be derailed at all by Bielsa admitting to Spygate and all the fuss it is creating.

Can you elaborate on the bold as I live in a dark cave and don't get out often.

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Be interesting to see if Leeds promotion push will be derailed at all by Bielsa admitting to Spygate and all the fuss it is creating.

Or if somebody came in for Roofe as he is a key player for them. Not sure why the hasn’t been any premier league interest in him

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Can you elaborate on the bold as I live in a dark cave and don't get out often.

He admitted to sending the spy to Derby in the press conference and said he'd been doing this since Argentina and 2002. I can't post a link on my phone but just look on any football news site and it'll be up there.

57 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He admitted to sending the spy to Derby in the press conference and said he'd been doing this since Argentina and 2002. I can't post a link on my phone but just look on any football news site and it'll be up there.

Thanks mate.

Derby move the ball too slowly, and they’re always playing backwards when there’s a chance to go through. Strikes me as a lack of confidence. Leeds look a step above, I can’t see them slipping up in too many games, I’d say the title is theirs.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

The form is up and down.  We're hard to beat but not winning enough.  Hopefully the kind run of fixtures coming up will fix that.  We saved a last minute penalty yes, but we were also robbed of 3pts v WBA by a handball and lost our 1 match against top of the league in the 95th minute.  This race for promotion is far from done, but I think we can all agree the form needs to improve, because one thing's for sure, at the current rate of scoring, 67pts will not be enough.

We are a million miles away from being hard to beat....we concede initiative at the drop of a hat.

We are one of the easiest teams to negate our offensive ability to concede goals.

I have no problem in playing offensive football....but you have to retain possession, pass the ball with confidence, move off the ball with the same confidence and not give the ball away cheaply.

That requires hard work and dedication to the cause.

Let me know when we can do that.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are a million miles away from being hard to beat....we concede initiative at the drop of a hat.

We are one of the easiest teams to negate our offensive ability to concede goals.

I have no problem in playing offensive football....but you have to retain possession, pass the ball with confidence, move off the ball with the same confidence and not give the ball away cheaply.

That requires hard work and dedication to the cause.

Let me know when we can do that.

We've lost one in 11 and that was last minute to top of the league.

We're very hard to beat because we score at will. That's without our best player by the way.

All those things you list we can, and must, improve on. What a side we'll be when we do!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We've lost one in 11 and that was last minute to top of the league.

We're very hard to beat because we score at will. That's without our best player by the way.

All those things you list we can, and must, improve on. What a side we'll be when we do!

won 6 in 15

what do you think we are trying to achieve.....avoid relegation?

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If it’s just inconsistency you’re getting at and who to blame is another point, I’m not sure why you’re limiting that stat to the 15 post Bruce results.

Why don’t you say 6 wins from the last 18 games? Or 7 wins from the last 24? Or just go the whole hog and say 9 wins from 26?

They’re all accurate statements and they’d highlight your point better than just picking the results post Bruce.

I'm not even going there..its too ridiculous for words.

irrespective of the manager.....we are dropping too many points, to have any expectation of promotion.

drop the manager bit, its not a point that is trying to be made....I'm not that insular.

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

or even.......its not enough wins regardless who the ****ing manager is.