What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Drinks help needed folks

Friend's birthday coming up. They like vodka. What is a good vodka? Say, up to £50?

Can not go wrong with Grey Goose

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Do you prefer it neat? Just cooled? Or do you mix it? 

It's more palatable than a normal neat vodka for me (as someone who drinks vodka when I "have to"), but if you mix it then do so with apple juice.

Personally I'd go with any Soplica flavoured vodkas for shots, again if I "had to". Or mix the cherry one with coke for a boozy cherry coke (obviously), or hazelnut with milk or in coffee for a festival breakfast alcohol and caffeine boost.

Edited by fightoffyour

Soplica???? Żubrówka????

@fightoffyour going on your beer taste, I'm surprised you're recommending such commercial vodkas!

I really like Pan Tadeusz, from the freezer with a chaser. Also Krupnik served me well when I used to go out more (I know I'm a hypocrite here for criticising your commercial tastes :P )

But to be honest, once it's -22 or so, it'll be smooth.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Soplica???? Żubrówka????

@fightoffyour going on your beer taste, I'm surprised you're recommending such commercial vodkas!

I really like Pan Tadeusz, from the freezer with a chaser. Also Krupnik served me well when I used to go out more (I know I'm a hypocrite here for criticising your commercial tastes :P )

But to be honest, once it's -22 or so, it'll be smooth.

Yeh I’m not a much of a vodka drinker at all. Besides it would be pretty difficult and expensive to have such refined tastes across all varieties of drink!

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Do you prefer it neat? Just cooled? Or do you mix it? 

I usually drink it with soda water and ginger ale :D

I'm not much of a vodka drinker to be fair. I just find the bison grass vodka to be more palatable, and yes, less wince-inducing if you plan on drinking it neat.

if you get it cold enough you can drink vodka with squash and its good! can remember summers of that with mates just making jugs of it at a time, it'll mess you up too because it hides the flavour, you can get a lot of vodka in there, don't knock it until you've tried it

vodka in the freezer, load of ice, squash and water

*disclaimer - I only drink vodka to get drunk, like off my tits sleeping on a park bench because I cant walk home style drunk, vodka as a nice relaxing sipping drink is weird, horrible stuff

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Prefer Diplomatico myself but Zacapa is good. 23 Solera or XO? 

23 sol. Funny you should mention it as I was looking at XO the other day. 

Haven't tried Diplomatica mind. Might give that a go. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â