What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Tiny Rebel are one of my favourite breweries. Pretty much liked most of their output. 

I was trying to think why I don't buy more of their beer, and couldn't remember, and now it's just come to me - I had a raspberry sour from them called 'Frambuzi' and it was honestly probably the worst-tasting beer I've ever had (in fact I think it's the only one I've ever ended up throwing mostly down the sink); just tasted like cough medicine.

A look through their promotional material on Facebook and Twitter and it seems to be notable by its absence, so they've come to their senses, and it's time to forgive, forget, and buy more beers!

• Like 1

started off with a lovely mojito, as it was warm today and I went for an early evening run and needed something refreshing.   Switched to this for dinner:

spacer.png

A very serviceable sparkler from New Mexico.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Dude, have you ever heard of the phrase "not on a school nght" ? 😂

No chance :) 

I only have one a night, as a way of winding down from work

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Hoopers Dandelion & Burdock Brew | Morrisons

I was put off Dandelion and Burdock for life on my first cub camp when my sixer drank a whole litre bottle before bed and promptly shat himself in his sleeping bag.

i can still conjure the smell and the sound of his wails of embarrassment.

I've never gone near it since! That was almost 40yrs ago!!! 

• Haha 4

GYYI0636-324x324.jpg

(not my picture)

I've had a beer from these guys before, and while I can't remember what it was I can remember being a touch disappointed, so I was a bit cautious with this one. That being said, I love an amber ale so I picked it up anyway.

Gotta say, it was a touch disappointing. Maybe my palette is terrible, and I'm too used to quite sweet amber ales, but this was quite sour and not altogether as enjoyable as I had hoped.

• Like 1

Talking of breweries. My favourite brewery has to be Salopian, if I am in a pub I always go to a Salopian ale. Never had a bad pint with their name attached. They are also responsible for my favourite pint Darwins Origin. 
I live, literally 5 minutes away, from Slaters brewery, but can take or leave them. Also not a big fan of the other relatively local brewer, Titanic. 

• Like 4

On 27/06/2020 at 21:41, Xela said:

Aye. Being owned by Greene King, I think calling itself 'craft' is a bit of a stretch! 

I’ve done, in the name of science obviously, some research in the form of brewery tours. Lots of genuine craft ale breweries, but also bigger ones. The bigger ones set aside an area and equipment for their brewer to work just like the small breweries. Small batches, made with whatever hops and barley and ingredients in separate vats and what have you. So they might be muscling in, but it is craft ale in that sense.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Talking of breweries. My favourite brewery has to be Salopian, if I am in a pub I always go to a Salopian ale. Never had a bad pint with their name attached. They are also responsible for my favourite pint Darwins Origin. 
I live, literally 5 minutes away, from Slaters brewery, but can take or leave them. Also not a big fan of the other relatively local brewer, Titanic. 

Agree regarding Salopian, I've never had a bad beer from them. Lemon Dream is a personal favourite. Luckily can get them regularly in my local pubs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I'm supping a Titanic ale now. Always assumed it would come from Southampton or Belfast or Liverpool! Never expected its home to be Stoke!

I've got a Salopian in my 'to drink' stash. A Shropshire Gold

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Just had a pleasant surprise. A Beerhawk order has turned up at my door. Ordered by a mate as a belated Birthday present. A cracking selection of 12 ales/lagers

My stash is about 50 now. All different. 

• Like 1

Evening folks

This smells lovely. Not 100% on the taste though. Its not bad, just not as nice as it smells! 

IWb1g6p.png?1

• Like 1

If you want to see some of the wider West Midlands region beers, this is quite a good thread from a real ale enthusiast from the black country 

Quite a long thread

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I love that the Express & Star wrote a whole article about a Twitter poll! 🙄

Who said journalism was dead. 

• Haha 1

Â