What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I cannot explain how frustrated I am that Wainwright Ale in cans has disappeared. 

Here is tonight's inferior substitute. 

Did you manage to get any Bathams on your travels?

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Did you manage to get any Bathams on your travels?

Nah, not been bothered to treck over there. 

My beer dedication is no match for yours @Xela

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Are you in Warsaw then? Didn’t know about any increased infections until you wrote that.

Nah. My gf and her family are from Klobuck. I thought it was katowice, but my knowledge about Polish geography is shite. 

Anyway digression aside, their family and friends are recommending us not to go as covid numbers are supposedly heavy underreported by Dudas lot to get the old generations to meet up and vote and not be afraid of getting sick. 

• Thanks 1

4ebd3542ac5758611643865b986f143b_640x640

This was nice, but the word 'smoked' is not there as a joke. Extremely smoky and pungent. Don't expect it to be anything like Innis & Gunn, for example. Good if you go in with your eyes open.

MRB_Ripe-Times-Square-3-768x768.jpg

This was very welcome after the strength of the taste of the previous offering. A faintly fruit salad flavour with a hint of salt. Lovely stuff.

hqdefault.jpg

Very interesting this one. The taste is extremely potent: 'an Islay Whisky barrel-aged, strong citrus sour beer; brewed with ginger, lactose sugar, andvaged in British Black Bee Honey with some more ginger and lemon zest to finish', per the bottle. It's strong - 9.7% - but the taste has many layers. I can't say it was unpleasant, but it did feel more like something you would drink to cure a cold. At £4.55 a bottle, I might or might not go back to it again, but I'm glad I tried it.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2020 at 13:17, Davkaus said:

I had this last night, bloody good stuff.

Glad to hear, I have one in my stash to drink. :) 

Had a weekend off the ale again. 

Back on it now... current drink

MTclbcj.png?1

Yet another good effort from Tiny Rebel. Definitely my favourite brewery so far. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Had a weekend off the ale again. 

Back on it now... current drink

MTclbcj.png?1

Yet another good effort from Tiny Rebel. Definitely my favourite brewery so far. 

I drink for you at the weekend, you drink for me in the week. Except tomorrow, when I'll be going out for a few before a meal. And maybe Thursday, if we win 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I drink for you at the weekend, you drink for me in the week. Except tomorrow, when I'll be going out for a few before a meal. And maybe Thursday, if we win 😉

Work drives me to drink! 

Â