What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Last night ended up getting a bit ravey out of no where so Stripe today to ease the blues away yup

Mate. I'm not even angry, i'm just disappointed  :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Same.

A quality single malt is best enjoyed neat or perhaps with one round ice cube or a splash of water. I like to take my time over it and savour every drop. 

Cheap blended stuff is best drowned with a mixer and gulped!

You simply cannot beat a nice single malt.  I've visited most of the distilleries of Scotland and I still go back to 12 year old Glenfiddich (it's not the best apparently) and yet it's my favourite poured over a glass full of ice (a big no-no so they say) .  I could sip a glass of that stuff for hours.   I highly recommend doing a whiskey tour of Scotland as it's simply fantastic.  Every distillery you visit, you'll be greeted with a dram (or two) and talked through the history of how it has been made through generations of the family. I was a huge fan of Glenfiddich before visiting the distillery in Dufftown but the place simply blew me away.  From opening up casks a hundred years old to giving you drams of all of their commercial whiskys - all of which is complimentary.  Visiting Glenlivet is nice too :).  Now I just need to get into Japanese whiskys...

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

Same.

A quality single malt is best enjoyed neat or perhaps with one round ice cube or a splash of water. I like to take my time over it and savour every drop. 

You simply cannot beat a nice single malt.  I've visited most of the distilleries of Scotland and I still go back to 12 year old Glenfiddich (it's not the best apparently) and yet it's my favourite poured over a glass full of ice (a big no-no so they say) .  I could sip a glass of that stuff for hours.   I highly recommend doing a whiskey tour of Scotland as it's simply fantastic.  Every distillery you visit, you'll be greeted with a dram (or two) and talked through the history of how it has been made through generations of the family. I was a huge fan of Glenfiddich before visiting the distillery in Dufftown but the place simply blew me away.  From opening up casks a hundred years old to giving you drams of all of their commercial whiskys - all of which is complimentary.  Visiting Glenlivet is nice too :)

My favourite Glenfiddich is the 15yo 'Distiller's Edition'.

At 51% it has all those over-ripe apple and pear flavours of the 12yo but just more intense.

The Glenlivet 18yo is one of my favourites too. 

• Like 1

Same.

You simply cannot beat a nice single malt.  I've visited most of the distilleries of Scotland and I still go back to 12 year old Glenfiddich (it's not the best apparently) and yet it's my favourite poured over a glass full of ice (a big no-no so they say) .  I could sip a glass of that stuff for hours.   I highly recommend doing a whiskey tour of Scotland as it's simply fantastic.  Every distillery you visit, you'll be greeted with a dram (or two) and talked through the history of how it has been made through generations of the family. I was a huge fan of Glenfiddich before visiting the distillery in Dufftown but the place simply blew me away.  From opening up casks a hundred years old to giving you drams of all of their commercial whiskys - all of which is complimentary.  Visiting Glenlivet is nice too :)

My favourite Glenfiddich is the 15yo 'Distiller's Edition'.

At 51% it has all those over-ripe apple and pear flavours of the 12yo but just more intense.

The Glenlivet 18yo is one of my favourites too. 

The Distiller's Edition is sublime.  I bought a bottle as a special gift to myself from Dufftown a few years ago (only paid £30 too :D).  A little tip if visiting distilleries is to go with someone who isn't driving (and doesn't particularly like whisky).  At Glenfiddich for instance I had 6 drams (completely complimentary :)). 

Edited by trekka

Despite owning a bottle of it, i'm not a huge fan of Glenfiddich. Bit too 'fruity' for me. I tend to gravitate towards more smoky drams like a Bowmore or Talisker :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen the Tatra. The others are down there, both as tins and bottles. A couple of dark ones too.

Got a bottle of Tyskie in the fridge, it's the cheapest one iirc. £1.39.

Generally they're good and compare well to the more expensive German and Czech gear.

• Like 1

Â