What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

casillero diablo cabernet sauvignon red. Very nice. 

Loving the fact the new local offie does lot's of cheap booze. The likes of Jura, Auchentoshen, Cragganmore and Laphroiag ( sp? ) single malt's selling for under £25. Epic. Next payday, I am there. Even Lagavullan - which I've heard is excellent is "only" £40. May purchase one next week, if I can learn how to spell any of them correctly. 

Fair warning, Lagavullin is really peaty

That's ok, Laphroaig is quite peaty too and I enjoyed that one. More than happy to try it.

How do people on here drink their whisky? Neat, with ice or with a drop of water?

Generally neat, though if I have some ice handy I might put a small sized one in occasionally. 

How do people on here drink their whisky? Neat, with ice or with a drop of water?

It depends on the whisky.

I usually add a couple of teaspoons of water and rather more if it is 'cask strength' (over 40%) but some whiskies are easily drowned.

The taste of whisky actually changes when you add water and a bigger range of flavours emerge as it 'opens up', so I would try it neat first and then add water.

I would only add ice if it was a cheap blended whisky, which can be a little bit fiery.

It is generally considered anathema to put ice in a single malt but, hey, its your whisky. 

• Like 1

I've got a bottle of Glenfiddich (this exact bottling - http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/glenfiddich/glenfiddich-special-reserve/ )

No idea how I aquired it - must have been another gift! Will give this a go tonight 

As it says at the link, it is probably a special bottling for airports.

These non-age-statement bottlings are usually a gamble and sometimes can be overpriced, but it should be nice enough.

Glenfiddich is known for its delicious overripe apple and pear notes, which is why it is one of the most popular brands in the world.

A classic Speysider.

Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Went to the off license last night, picked up 4 tins of carling and 4 tins of some foreign stuff, possibly polish, when the missus went to bed I cracked the lid on the polish one, had a couple more. Fell asleep on the couch absolutely legless.

Still hungover now, looking at the can I know why, it was 9%. Didn't even taste that strong

• 3 weeks later...
Â