Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Just now, Genie said:

I’ve seen that too but it doesn’t seem clear if anyone knows the situation yet. Maybe they are trying to avoid panic at this stage.

I mean part of me hopes that he’s flown at great speed into a big f***off concrete wall

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It doesn’t look good.

It’s been a couple of hours and those on board (President and Foreign Minister) are still “missing”.

Edited by Genie

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

It doesn’t look good.

It’s been a couple of hours and those on board (President and Foreign Minister) are still “missing”.

Love it, the Iranian public has been asked to pray...  yeah that'll do the trick. ha ha ha ha like thats going to make any difference.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

Love it, the Iranian public has been asked to pray...  yeah that'll do the trick. ha ha ha ha like thats going to make any difference.

It works for the NRA.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

So when he turns up dead, is it because they didn’t pray enough?

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Is there a specified number of virgins for helicopter crash deaths?

I’m not sure virgins are that familiar with choppers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Helicopters have an incredibly poor crash survivability, even the one best known for surviving crashes, the Black Hawk, has a bad record iirc, and this is nowhere near that. Unless it was a very low speed low altitude crash, without incredible luck everyone is dead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Iranian media say they found the chopper and that everyone in it was dead.  

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Will this change anything is the question. I doubt it. 

My knowledge isn’t extensive, but I don’t believe there is a ‘chill out’ candidate waiting in the wings. It’ll be a while yet before they’re in Eurovision and we’re all complaining they always give Israel 12 points even when the song is obviously shit.

• Like 3

The President was largely a figurehead; the real power in Iran that makes the big decisions is the Supreme Leader. Raisi was considered geberally incompetent too.

This isn’t going to change very much, except maybe change the balance of power between the military (Republican Guard) or the hardline clerics. But from an outside perspective both are bad as each other.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

im suprised two important  people like this were allowed to just go on a  helicopter. As chindie says the survival rate in them is terrible

True.  But a lot of important  / wealthy people own / use copters.  

The Leicester owner a few years ago springs to mind ....

There was a convoy of 3 helicopters, I guess other important government people were spread out amongst the other 2. Just unfortunate for the president it was his that crashed.

Â