Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

1 minute ago, sne said:

Really? Go look at any map of the territory from 60 years ago, 40, 20, 10 and then now 

Take a look at the map from 1947 that the Palestinians refused to consider. They were offered a 2 state solution by the UN, and refused. They preferred to drive the Jews out. Hamas, Hezbolah. Jihadists all of them. Do you seriously think they represent the Palestinian peoples best interests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Israel don’t even come close to the Hamas Barbarians.

Israel has their own government officials cheering on the death of people. One of them tweeted it moments before the hospital incident and from the PM of Israel twitter account they also tweeted and deleted 'This is a struggle between the children of darkness, between humanity and the law of the jungle'. They are just as bad.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Take a look at the map from 1947 that the Palestinians refused to consider. They were offered a 2 state solution by the UN, and refused. They preferred to drive the Jews out. Hamas, Hezbolah. Jihadists all of them. Do you seriously think they represent the Palestinian peoples best interests.

Give away your own country to settlers. Some white people decided to take a country away from its indigenous people and give it to some other white people. Did the people of Palestine vote? So it's not lawful.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

There is an extensive review of the scene in the daytime on this thread. 

Also, this image is possibly useful for posters who are (understandably) not familiar with the effects of different weapons systems. ‘JDAM’ refers to the kit fitted to a standard 500kg aerial bomb for precision guidance, and is the munition mostly used by the Israeli Air Force. Obviously, that was not what struck the Al Ahly hospital car park.

B60C3E3D-5716-4931-A8A1-642B85447D6A.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, meregreen said:

And I would never excuse anything that a bunch of Israeli settlers do that hurts innocents. But there is only one side that has the actual stated aim to drive the other side into the sea. 

Counterpoint:

benjamin-netanyahu-holds-a-map-of-the-mi

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Also, this image is possibly useful for posters who are (understandably) not familiar with the effects of different weapons systems. ‘JDAM’ refers to the kit fitted to a standard 500kg aerial bomb for precision guidance, and is the munition mostly used by the Israeli Air Force. Obviously, that was not what struck the Al Ahly hospital car park.

It’s horrible what the IDF are doing in Gaza. I think there’s plenty of indiscriminate bombing to point to so the level of disinformation pushed out from this is grimly impressive. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’ve also seen some say that the JDAM is capable of being detonated before it hits the surface so it doesn’t necessarily need to make impact. (I don’t actually have a clue just relaying what I’ve been told/seen)

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Apologise for continuing to correct things that aren’t true, but the Israelis are not indiscriminately bombing Gaza. They are bombing specific targets related to Hamas military infrastructure. If Israel was simply trying to kill Palestinians with airstrikes it could do so very rapidly on a massive scale.

Instead, they give general warnings to the population to move from a specific area before it is struck, including the use of geofenced text messages to every mobile device.  If the target is a building with civilian dwellings inside they also do roof knocking (a technique invented by the IAF in Gaza) by dropping an inert or very small munition onto the roof to alert the occupants that it will be stuck. They then wait to give the people a chance to get out. They then strike the building with a proper munition to destroy it. 

I understand that there are multiple warnings, but it’s still indiscriminate bombing knowing that there are civilians within and it has been deemed they are within the acceptable casualties of war. 

I think debating the strategic importance of bombing military targets within a civilian population is reasonable but it is horrible nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Â