Football Kits 2018/19

sne

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

out of interest what are your thoughts on how they do it in China? My opinion is they must have someone on the inside supplying the materials and patterns and so on.  If the official factory is in China they have a little knock off one round the corner!

Ask yourself how they can produce the materials, manufacture the shirt, apply sponsors, logos and badges and sell it so cheaply?

They're operating sweatshops staffed by the poor and vulnerable - and regularly little kids - and the profits are usually part of the funds for organised crime groups.  It's widely considered that counterfeit goods are the "friendly face" of drugs, guns, and human trafficking.

There's nobody on the inside providing materials etc.  They just utilise the same sites as everyone else with the "leaked kits" and then turn the prototypes around pretty quickly.  It's a fast process when someone else has done all the hard work and you have no quality control to worry about.

Don't want to put everyone on a downer but aside from my quip about the mortgage, counterfeit gear is part of a very, very murky world and not one I'd be happy to fund.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Like someone has said before all this information would make a fascinating book!

I put it out there on Twitter after that post, and got quite a few people saying they'd like to read it.  I even had a publisher tell me to pitch for the chance to do it and we can talk from there.  Not had a chance yet, but it's top of mind as I'd love to write a book and this would be an easy topic for me!

• Like 3

On 25/06/2018 at 13:13, sne said:

Bristol City away kit, yikes!

bristol_city_18_19_bristol_sport_third_kit_a.jpg

It's vibrant I think would be the word.

Certainly not for everyone but most City fans like it, as it's generally got good memories.

When we had it in the mid 90s we wore it for what was (for us) a big cup win at Anfield wearing it.

Then it was brought back as a third kit for 2014-15. We wore it first game of the season a season we were away at Sheffield United as put away kit was white and black like this season. We won and because Cotterill is superstitious about these things it then became our main away kit that season as we went on to get the lower league double.

I saw somewhere the other day that our record in P+L since 2014-15 is P22, W13, D7, L2, albeit about half of those games in League 1.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Certainly not for everyone but most City fans like it, as it's generally got good memories.

When we had it in the mid 90s we wore it for what was (for us) a big cup win at Anfield wearing it.

Then it was brought back as a third kit for 2014-15. We wore it first game of the season a season we were away at Sheffield United as put away kit was white and black like this season. We won and because Cotterill is superstitious about these things it then became our main away kit that season as we went on to get the lower league double.

I saw somewhere the other day that our record in P+L since 2014-15 is P22, W13, D7, L2, albeit about half of those games in League 1.

Can we have Baker back?

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Can we have Baker back?

Baker is a weird one.

Good on his day, but not been great for us in his most recent games and didnt even make the bench yesterday.

Overall, no you cant because Kalas is only a loan

Â