Football Kits 2018/19

sne

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Have you started writing that book yet?  All these little tales make great reading and I am sure you could tell more!  Multi billion pound industry now so I think a book from the inside would be fascinating!  Not sure if you have the time but some quotes from the players about their memories would be insightful too!  If you think of the history of kits you could do it from many different angles.

It's definitely a time thing, although David Hartrick (football book publisher) asked me to write a pitch for it.

The quotes from players thing would be a nice touch.  Hadn't thought of that.

I really, really want to do it.  Might be time to bite the bullet and stop wasting so much time on FIFA...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's definitely a time thing, although David Hartrick (football book publisher) asked me to write a pitch for it.

The quotes from players thing would be a nice touch.  Hadn't thought of that.

I really, really want to do it.  Might be time to bite the bullet and stop wasting so much time on FIFA...

Well did you not work at Umbro as well as Puma?  Umbro to me are the daddy of kit makers so if you still have the contacts then you could get more and more ideas!  I love that in 1970 for instance they invented Airtex for the heat for the England team in Mecico.  1966 they kitted out every nation?? some kit bible with all this information in and the changes from Victorian times to present would be awesome! 

With your knowledge and passion you could really go to town on educating the masses!  Informative and with stories like you have told on here would be a winner.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Well did you not work at Umbro as well as Puma?  Umbro to me are the daddy of kit makers so if you still have the contacts then you could get more and more ideas!  I love that in 1970 for instance they invented Airtex for the heat for the England team in Mecico.  1966 they kitted out every nation?? some kit bible with all this information in and the changes from Victorian times to present would be awesome! 

With your knowledge and passion you could really go to town on educating the masses!  Informative and with stories like you have told on here would be a winner.

I reckon I can guarantee selling at least one copy, then!

No idea what I'd call it...

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I reckon I can guarantee selling at least one copy, then!

No idea what I'd call it...

Football Sartorial (a history of the football strip)

Football Yarns (Stories from the Football Kit Industry)

I want a signed copy please 😜

• Like 3

Was wondering if anybody could help. I was on the club site and noticed that we are selling the 1994 home kit, the one with Muller plastered on the front. Now this was my favourite kit as a kid so obviously I’m desperate to buy it. However the sizes are small (34-36 inch chest) and medium (38-40 inch chest). Now I’m a 38 inch chest but prefer my tops on the tighter side, so I’m worried the medium will be massive on me. I was wondering if anybody knows if the re-released kits come up big or on the tight side? Any help would be much appreciated.

On 25/04/2019 at 08:36, 7392craig said:

Was wondering if anybody could help. I was on the club site and noticed that we are selling the 1994 home kit, the one with Muller plastered on the front. Now this was my favourite kit as a kid so obviously I’m desperate to buy it. However the sizes are small (34-36 inch chest) and medium (38-40 inch chest). Now I’m a 38 inch chest but prefer my tops on the tighter side, so I’m worried the medium will be massive on me. I was wondering if anybody knows if the re-released kits come up big or on the tight side? Any help would be much appreciated.

Yep I’ve got the Away kit in medium, it’s a big fit, you should get small. It still won’t be tight I doubt.

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yep I’ve got the Away kit in medium, it’s a big fit, you should get small. It still won’t be tight I doubt.

That’s brilliant, thank you. I was hoping to have it in time for the playoffs 😉

• Like 1

Â