Football Kits 2018/19

sne

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not London because the community isn't as strong as the Nigerian (for some reason I think Cameroon is largely French??) Will be interesting to see what the international sales are like because that's who the kit is targeting imo (Which after the Nigeria kit success isn't that much of a surprise)

Maybe @NurembergVillan Will know, what happened to puma and Cameroon?

Is that a definite kit?  It was only March that the announcement was made they were looking for a new supplier.  I'd be surprised if Nike take it on and even if they do, if that's the kit.  It's too soon.

In terms of the relationship, it's a surprise, but also I can imagine Cameroon wanting a decent wedge when they've not performed for a few years now.

Puma will be kitting out Man City next season and that will have cost them a fortune.  They seem to be shifting to the model of a few massive assets rather than lots of mid-tier ones.  Italy, Dortmund, City, Milan, Marseille...

On 18/04/2019 at 21:30, HanoiVillan said:

Just looks confused to me, like they couldn't decide between two different designs so went with both. 

The gold and white combination just looks strange. Go for one colour or the other.

That camroon kit looks great. Theres not enough risks taken with kit design. Take note Nurembergvillan.  

On 20/04/2019 at 12:30, villa89 said:

The gold and white combination just looks strange. Go for one colour or the other.

That camroon kit looks great. Theres not enough risks taken with kit design. Take note Nurembergvillan.  

I'm not designing kits any more, unfortunately.

I feel like when it was my turn with Cameroon we took a few risks, though.

bpanews_dd8d4cf7-c937-48dd-bac0-2c2f5d39

Cam2.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm not designing kits any more, unfortunately.

I feel like when it was my turn with Cameroon we took a few risks, though.

bpanews_dd8d4cf7-c937-48dd-bac0-2c2f5d39

Cam2.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Didnt Cameroon take a few fines for this? 

Thanks, Pretty interesting stuff as you wouldn't think all these little things go into making a shirt to get the advantages. To me not an expert a jersey was just a jersey

Maybe them little Macron men had some use after all 😂

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thanks, Pretty interesting stuff as you wouldn't think all these little things go into making a shirt to get the advantages. To me not an expert a jersey was just a jersey

Maybe them little Macron men had some use after all 😂

Most jersey's are just a jersey.  I don't go in for that, though!

On 21/04/2019 at 22:15, NurembergVillan said:

The top two kits of the three got banned.

There was nothing in the rules at the time to say a shirt had to have sleeves or be separate from the shorts.  The rules were amended after we did it.  Any kit has to be pre-approved before it can be worn competitively, so it was a bizarre situation both times.

With the all in one kit, they wore it at the ACN and were immediately threatened with sanctions if they wore it again.  Obviously, it was the only kit they had with them, so they wore it in the next match too.  FIFA fined them and docked points their WC qualifying campaign.

We took it all the way to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and won the appeal.  The six points were given back and the fine was repaid too.  We matched the fine and gave the money to grassroots football charities in Cameroon.

The second one is all-in-one?  My brain is trying to work out how they put the kit on.  I'm probably missing something obvious :lol: Does it zip up at the back?

On 22/04/2019 at 12:25, villa4europe said:

Did you get any feedback from the players?

I can remember both kits being news here and iirc puma ran tv advertising for them on UK tv too, what did their FA think of it? Sometimes not all publicity is bad

We used to get feedback across the teams, but with Cameroon the process was different.  We would present the kit to the senior players first and if they approved it we'd show it to the coach, Winfried Schäfer.  Once they were all happy with it the presentation to the FA was a foregone conclusion.

They were all fine with the first two kits, but after the furore of them we went the same process again only to have the FA guy tell us that we would need to fly to Cameroon and present it to the whole FA board.  They were too scared of getting into trouble again.  Thankfully we managed to avoid that meeting and got it all signed off.

After that meeting, in Hamburg, we went out on the piss with the Cameroon players.  Class night out.

The next morning, hanging out of my arse, we had to fly to Sofia and present to Hristo Stoichkov and the Bulgarian FA.  Man, he gave us a working over.  Not a good hangover cure!

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The second one is all-in-one?  My brain is trying to work out how they put the kit on.  I'm probably missing something obvious :lol: Does it zip up at the back?

There was a small hidden zip in each shoulder.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We used to get feedback across the teams, but with Cameroon the process was different.  We would present the kit to the senior players first and if they approved it we'd show it to the coach, Winfried Schäfer.  Once they were all happy with it the presentation to the FA was a foregone conclusion.

They were all fine with the first two kits, but after the furore of them we went the same process again only to have the FA guy tell us that we would need to fly to Cameroon and present it to the whole FA board.  They were too scared of getting into trouble again.  Thankfully we managed to avoid that meeting and got it all signed off.

After that meeting, in Hamburg, we went out on the piss with the Cameroon players.  Class night out.

The next morning, hanging out of my arse, we had to fly to Sofia and present to Hristo Stoichkov and the Bulgarian FA.  Man, he gave us a working over.  Not a good hangover cure!

There was a small hidden zip in each shoulder.

Have you started writing that book yet?  All these little tales make great reading and I am sure you could tell more!  Multi billion pound industry now so I think a book from the inside would be fascinating!  Not sure if you have the time but some quotes from the players about their memories would be insightful too!  If you think of the history of kits you could do it from many different angles.

• Like 1

Â