Football Kits 2018/19

sne

they are female exclusive kit designs (not sure if they will sell them to male fans) for the WC

seems to be flavour of the month with kit designs this year, simple colour palette but then a busy design so i would expect the mens to be the same type but different patterns

Honestly don't really have an issue with it.

Those 6 years is their most successful period as a club ever with 2 league titles and a bunch of cup wins as well.

Bet both City and Nike are very happy with the collaboration.

If they want to do a shirt to remember it the go for it.

This way of using the old kit designs to do new one seem to be the craze now so why not.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Honestly don't really have an issue with it.

Those 6 years is their most successful period as a club ever with 2 league titles and a bunch of cup wins as well.

Bet both City and Nike are very happy with the collaboration.

If they want to do a shirt to remember it the go for it.

This way of using the old kit designs to do new one seem to be the craze now so why not.

i do but my issue is with Nike rather than city

nike did the collaboration with Barca, bremen and inter, think inter might have been to celebrate 20 years, barca probably something similar, you then throw in the PSG jordan stuff, they already cream fans out of hundreds a season with the kits and training gear, they dont need these limited edition cash cows thrown in too, especially when it is city and theres nothing special about their relationship, it comes to an end in 3 months

its just mugging fans off, FFP in its glory

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i do but my issue is with Nike rather than city

nike did the collaboration with Barca, bremen and inter, think inter might have been to celebrate 20 years, barca probably something similar, you then throw in the PSG jordan stuff, they already cream fans out of hundreds a season with the kits and training gear, they dont need these limited edition cash cows thrown in too, especially when it is city and theres nothing special about their relationship, it comes to an end in 3 months

its just mugging fans off, FFP in its glory

Fair enough.

I actually have more issue with the IMO outrageous prices on regular kits that they and others manufacturers take out than on when they charge top dollars for a limited edition like this one.

Or say the one Umbro made for Werder Bremen, that is much nicer.

werder-centenary-kit.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Fair enough.

I actually have more issue with the IMO outrageous prices on regular kits that they and others manufacturers take out than on when they charge top dollars for a limited edition like this one.

thats where i think FFP comes in to it, you cant have £800m kit deals and then £20 kits but something has to be done, villa is £50 a season, i think when i went to the bayern stadium at xmas they were charging £70 for 2 year old shirts in a sale

thats where i thought our deal with fanatics would be a bit more interesting to see if they replicated their $20 - $200 something for everyone approach to american sports

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats where i think FFP comes in to it, you cant have £800m kit deals and then £20 kits but something has to be done, villa is £50 a season, i think when i went to the bayern stadium at xmas they were charging £70 for 2 year old shirts in a sale

I went to the nou camp a few years ago and a standard replica shirt was €120, similar to bayern they had previous years shirts still on sale for €80.

On man City, Puma are making 4 kits for them next season, home away, 3rd and 125 year anniversary kit. 

16 hours ago, sne said:

Another one off kit by Nike for France, that they will sport tonight against Iceland

Click to enlarge image france_2019_nike_centenary_football_shirt_b.jpgClick to enlarge image france_2019_nike_centenary_football_shirt_b.jpgFrance 2019 Nike Centenary Kit #equipedefrance #nikefootball #fff #lesbleusfrance_2019_nike_centenary_football_shirt_b.jpg

Not quite a busy as the City one.

I know it’s literally just a blue top, white shorts and red socks but that is a **** gorgeous kit. Perfect.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I know it’s literally just a blue top, white shorts and red socks but that is a **** gorgeous kit. Perfect.

Yeah, that's how I like my kits as well.

Simple. clean and sharp.

Obviously it's helped by not having a giant advert for a betting company plastered over 50% of the shirt.

still probably my favourite england shirt from umbro

england-2009-umbro-shirt-10.jpg

can remember when it came out people were moaning about how simple it was and wasnt worth the money, it such a good shirt as a fan, comfortable and didnt make you feel like a pleb wearing it

Â