New Manager Speculation

maqroll

24 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Hey, we hired Tim Sherwood and it wasn’t THAT bad (initially at least), and he wasn’t even a football manager. Let’s give Henry a fair shake, he could go far here.

Using the inexperienced Sherwood as an example is not way to convince people we should hire Henry. Lol. 

He was dreadful. And he had actually manages before.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Its not a straw man argument at all. They have the qualifications for the job, Henry doesn't. Where is the stawman?

Oh but technically Henry does have the qualifications for the job ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Oh but technically Henry does have the qualifications for the job ?

Henry has his UEFA Coaching A Licence but that doesn’t count according to “onefortheroad”

Everyone has start somewhere why not Henry with us ? Has so many benefits if he took charge not sure why “onefortheroad” can’t see that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I meant won nothing at Liverpool as he said Rodgers was first in 50 years not to do so which was incorrect... I didn't realise Houllier won that much though! 

Neither did I until I googled it! Shhh don’t tell anyone ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Henry has his UEFA Coaching A Licence but that doesn’t count according to “onefortheroad”

Everyone has start somewhere why not Henry with us ? Has so many benefits if he took charge not sure why “onefortheroad” can’t see that.

Just because Bruce didn't work out it doesn't mean that we should avoid people with managerial experience of this very tough league. Coaching badges and managing in the Championship are not even close to being the same thing.

I also didn't say the badges don't count for anything. Show me where I said that or did you just make up a straw man argument?

I also haven't said anywhere that he will be a bad manager. 

I am saying that I don't want him as I think  it's far too much of a gamble at this stage. Give the that he is a complete novice to actually managing a team in ANY league never mind the Championship 

So why not listen to my actual point instead of making stuff up?

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a massive gamble Dave.  Could either be a stroke of genius or a complete disaster.

I absolutely agree and to be honest I wouldn’t put much money on either. I just think it is a risk worth taking and I don’t see any other candidates being significantly less of a risk. 

The big thing for me is that both TH and JT have the determination and self belief that they will be a success. Their past careers being the evidence. 

Edited by DaveAV1

If it is to be Henry surely Villa would like it done asap as Belgium have a game Friday and a game Tuesday and wouldnt want to disrupt there prep for the game and also if Henry stayed with the Belgium team till after Tuesday he wouldnt have much prep for Villa?If its going to happen I would guess today or tomorrow?

Edited by midian

So it seems our new overlords have raised the profile of our club to the extent that the Henry/Terry dream team or failing that the likes of Rodgers and Martinez may be Bruce's replacement. One or more of these may ultimately withdraw from consideration but if so, there are others that would want the job that would be well qualified for it. It's great that we are now able to select from the best where not so long ago we were struggling to attract one of the rest.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Poppycock

Certainly the worst in my time supporting Villa. Not including caretakers.

Anyone holding him up as some sort of example of employing inexperienced managers working is delirious. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its all gone rather quiet, same stories are just being regurgitated now. Not even any ITK malarky !!!

The one constant over the last few days is the bookies pricing up Henry as odds on fav.

I guess the lack of real news coming out of VP can be seen as a good thing with no leaks etc but i was hoping it would have all been signed and sealed by now whoever it is. Strikes me there was no plan in place behind the scenes for Bruce being sacked. Its not beyond the realms that come the Swansea game we will still have KMc still in as caretaker.

1 minute ago, John said:
  • Graham Turner and Billy McNeill say hi..;)

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Certainly the worst in my time supporting Villa. Not including caretakers.

;) 

Don't remember those two.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Its not a straw man argument at all. They have the qualifications for the job, Henry doesn't. Where is the stawman?

But how do you know? In order to get your training badges you have to pass different types of exams. How do you know that his test and results haven't shown that he has the right qualifications  and is more than capable to handle the task.  

• Like 1

Just now, Taxahunter said:

But how do you know? In order to get your training badges you have to pass different types of exams. How do you know that his test and results haven't shown that he has the right qualifications  and is more than capable to handle the task.  

He has no actual managerial experience. That's the absolute minimum we should be looking for at this stage. This situation has the potential to go so wrong if we don't go up this year and we need to take it seriously. Its not the time for a wild experiment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Its not beyond the realms that come the Swansea game we will still have KMc still in as caretaker.

Don't say things like that even in jest! ;)

I would guess that Henry will leave Belgium at the weekend or after their game on Tuesday to be here when the bulk of our squad have returned from international duty.