New Manager Speculation

maqroll

14 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Alan Nixon is suggesting Steve Bould would be his assistant.

Never played together and looks like never worked officially together as Henry was Under 18 coach at Arsenal

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t it was painfully obvious to lots of us from the February after his first Transfer window that it was going to be outdated and devoid of plan b.

Ok he’s now got a plan B because he’s seen Gareth Southgate do it on the telly. 

Seriously the only reason he’s still in a job is because we’ve been skint. Just remember the play off final, or the botching of second place post a fluke against Wolves. 

Infact read the Steve Bruce thread after Jan this year. Dog shit football from a dog shit manager, **** it roll the Dice

Ooops I read it wrong, I agree with you

Just now, DrUnKeNbUm said:

Christ on a bike! This would be worse than when we appointed Di Matteo!

Fingers crossed this is a load of rubbish and we aren't seriously going to appoint a manager who has zero managerial experience?!

Yep - it would Zola replacing Rowett on Steriods

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

There are no certainties in football. but Theiry Henry failing at villa is about as close as you can get. - 

What would you consider to be a failure this upcoming season, what are you expecting from the team?

If it's promotion then I agree Henry (or any other manager) will fail this season.

Is it relegation then I doubt it will happen under Henry or Bruce.

Is it to rebuild with the look of giving it a go at promotion in a season or 2?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Steve Bould coaching the defence and Henry the attack? 

Bugger it, I’m sold

He did a cracking job with Arsenal defence. only conceded the 51 goals last season and went about 5 months without an away win and some defensive shambles

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

What would you consider to be a failure this upcoming season, what are you expecting from the team?

If it's promotion then I agree Henry (or any other manager) will fail this season.

Is it relegation then I doubt it will happen under Henry or Bruce.

Is it to rebuild with the look of giving it a go at promotion in a season or 2?

I suppose 10th would pacify me.

I just think he will come in, loose a couple of games, slag the players off in the press for not being fit enough , fall out with a couple of senior pro's - tell us all he is 'changing the ethos'  - all the bad elements of Garde, Sherwood, RDM 

I know how this sounds but a mate at work who's a Forest fan just messaged me and said he has a mate who just told him its nailed on.His mates a Villa fan and is mates with Agnew.Even called him Aggy.

Edited by Derryvillan
Spelling
  • Like 1