Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we are looking at West Ham for deals.....what about Andy Carroll?

Kodg could play off him and his knock downs.

Carroll cant stay fit for 38 games season. 46 will not suit him

With the greatest respect to those wanting JT back as a player. Take a look at his performance in the playoff final.

A definite no from me as a player but as a defensive coach, yes.

I can also see the merits of wanting Snoddy back as well but please remember last season’s team failed to gain promotion so why would you want to basically see the same team again with a similar achilles heal under the same manager?

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

Wouldn't mind JT as a coach and a backup defender. 

Definitely think we need a new CB.

I'd also like Snoddy back and I would be tempted to put him in a CM role if we could sign a another pacy winger. 

Midfield of 

Snoddy - Hourihane

Woodburn       Grealish        Green

Might work quite well?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Bringing in expensive loan players should only be made if we are looking to make a serious shot for promotion or if we really feel we are risking relegation.

Same with youngsters from other teams. Bringing in someone in a position we already have promising youngsters it would have to be a very good one for it to be worth it.

Now do need CB's and we did need a GK so by all means bring em' in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

JT is now retired as a player so it flaws that discussion.

He isn't. It was widely reported he had retired so he posted on Instagram saying he definitely hasn't. 

• Like 2

I understand people's concerns on re-signing last season's players who failed in promotion but realistically Snodgrass and Terry were fantastic for us.

If they are both to re-sign, utilised in the correct way they will have a major impact next season, both on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Bruce should now have learnt that squad rotation is key and so at the back we need to not only sign Terry but a young, fast centre back (Tuanzebe would be a decent option). Terry can then play Saturdays with Chester and then mid-week Tuanzebe or Suliman can be given a chance next to Chester with this then becoming a standard partnership if the performances are strong enough. Terry in the dressing room for the young players we will have in the squad will be massive, just look at Grealish last season.

Snodgrass is capable of playing week in, week out and his energy on the pitch is something we will miss if he doesn't sign. However again, if his form dips we have Green, Adomah and O'Hare to fill in where required.  Again massive in the dressing room for the morale.

Yes we failed last season but these two are quality Championship players. With the likes of a fully fit Green, a fully fit Kodjia, a fully fit Grealish plus any other additions we are able to make in the next two week then the squad suddenly looks a lot stronger than last season.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, striker said:

With the greatest respect to those wanting JT back as a player. Take a look at his performance in the playoff final.

I can also see the reasoning behind wanting Snoddy back as well but please remember last season’s team failed to gain promotion so why would you want to basically see the same team again with a similar achilles heal under the same manager?

I don't remember him having a bad game. Am I misremembering something? 

I feel their goal came from Hutton or Adomah between them not following the run from midfield. 

To put it all another way, Terry was part of one of the best defences in the league last year. That's a plus. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sauce?

8 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

He isn't. It was widely reported he had retired so he posted on Instagram saying he definitely hasn't. 

I had read a few weeks back he's hung the boots up to take the position at Sky that Henry vacated.

If that is quashed then yeah get him and snoddy back for sure...  but you can leave Samba where he is.  

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I don't remember him having a bad game. Am I misremembering something? 

I feel their goal came from Hutton or Adomah between them not following the run from midfield. 

To put it all another way, Terry was part of one of the best defences in the league last year. That's a plus. 

Yet the team still failed to go up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sauce?

John Terry to retire from playing - and Sky Sports hope to lead him away from management and into the studio.

EXCLUSIVE: The ex-England spent last season at Aston Villa but couldn't lead the Villans back into the Premier League.

John Terry has called time on his playing career – and may postpone his managerial ambitions for a megabucks role in television.

The former Chelsea legend is retiring from frontline football was ready to take his first steps in coaching.

But an offer in front of the screen has been set before him, leaving him with a decision to make.

Terry officially left Aston Villa when his contract expired in June and has received offers to stay in the game as a player from all over the globe.

But after a glittering – and occasionally controversial – career he has now decided to hang up his boots.

He wanted to make his way in management but this latest bid for his services has prompted a re-think.

Thierry Henry’s defection from Sky has left a void that Terry would be able to fill, working alongside fellow ex-England team-mates Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher.

The former Arsenal great has stepped to one side to pursue his own ambitions of being a number one – and his old foe is now faced with the same choice.

Originally, Terry wanted to move into management and he had made little secret of that fact.

He is currently on holiday in Portugal and was thinking about coaching roles before this television gig landed in his lap.

Nevertheless, Terry’s move away from playing brings to an end a glorious career.

The stopper captained Chelsea to five Premier League titles, four FA Cups, three League Cups and also tasted success in the Europa League and Champions League.

He made over 500 appearances for the club during a love affair that lasted well over two decades.

He had wanted one glorious swansong – and chose to try and help Steve Bruce return Aston Villa to the big-time.But ironically it was Chelsea’s neighbours Fulham who put paid to that idea when they defeated the Birmingham club in the play-off final two months ago.

The option was there for Terry to earn another decent pay-day but he has chosen, at the age of 37, to step aside.

The former Champions League winner has been putting in the groundwork ahead of his career change for some time.

And he can count on learning from such greats as Carlo Ancelotti and Jose Mourinho from his time at Stamford Bridge.

However, he is keen to put in the hard yards before trying to land his first post and there is every indication that if he does not move into punditry that he will undergo a sabbatical before moving into any managerial post.

His erstwhile Chelsea colleague Frank Lampard has already made his mark, taking over at Championship club Derby County.

Lampard has also prised one-time team-mate Jody Morris away from south-west London where the ex-midfielder had tasted success with Chelsea’s Under-18 side, most notably winning the FA Youth Cup last term.

Terry is in no hurry to cut short his break but has a big decision to make over his future during the coming days.

Terry to retire?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

31 minutes ago, striker said:

I can also see the merits of wanting Snoddy back as well but please remember last season’s team failed to gain promotion so why would you want to basically see the same team again with a similar achilles heal under the same manager?

Ah okay, Spurs might as well sell Kane, Alli and Eriksen then, I mean, they failed to win the league so why bother with them again?!

21 minutes ago, striker said:

Yet the team still failed to go up.

By that logic, we should be replacing everyone who played in that final. As you say, they all failed to gain promotion therefore are not good enough.

Â