Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

I've ordered my shirt today, hope get it in time for my birthday.

I was however torn between the home and the third kit, I love the look of both of them to be honest. I feel the home one which won the toss for me because of the historical importance of William McGregor, part of the 12 who made the league 130 years ago is a must.

still though before season is out I'll be having that third kit too because I love the pattern.

This season's kit has been the best I've seen in a long time, used to love the Muller one though..

UTV!! Thank you Luke you done a spot on job on the kits..

Edit: saying I was torn between the home and third kit, I was also torn to who have on the back between elmohamady as he is my day of birth number shirt, grealish and mcginn.

Choices lol, I feel excited now like a little boy in the sweet shop who took God knows how long choosing his favourite sweets..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 19:19, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

image.jpeg

Oh my, now I love it even more, I need this one also, Thank you for posting the pic, it's mint. It is the pattern that I love, to me it stands out from most teams plain looking shirts..

I actually like the badge and colour of the badge..

Is a must buy for me, but a tease since I had to choose home or third, but I will have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The home shirt is lovely. Almost impossible to buy, but lovely, 

I paid for my home shirt today, it looks like they are in as it says 1-2 days delivery, http://m.shop.avfc.co.uk/stores/astonvilla/mobile/en/product/aston-villa-home-shirt-2018-19/240994?cur=GBP&CMP=GBC-villa200&portal=villa200&gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrThzqOScIftcEKwPDPl7SVXz1o4UXZC61iEomQzYZJMRyH4j1tozQbXRoC3H0QAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I can't get the link to work. I went to the club shop today and a delivery hadn't arrived, they won't have any more until 31st. It seems a pity that a shop that basically exists for the purpose of selling an item is unable to keep up with demand for that item. It's also quite an impressive statement of the support that's out there for the club - the support have surprised the club and Fanatics have unfortunately been unable to match our commitment.

It's a brilliant kit, it's selling like hot cakes and that's great news for the club - with the third kit not yet available however, it will look a little strange if you go into the club shop tomorrow and find that they're only really selling the away kit; the whole place does look a little bare!

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't get the link to work. I went to the club shop today and a delivery hadn't arrived, they won't have any more until 31st. It seems a pity that a shop that basically exists for the purpose of selling an item is unable to keep up with demand for that item. It's also quite an impressive statement of the support that's out there for the club - the support have surprised the club and Fanatics have unfortunately been unable to match our commitment.

It's a brilliant kit, it's selling like hot cakes and that's great news for the club - with the third kit not yet available however, it will look a little strange if you go into the club shop tomorrow and find that they're only really selling the away kit; the whole place does look a little bare!

The link works for me mate. It did say to me the 31st of august, but when pick delivery did say will arrive in 1-2 days, also the delivery email says 1-2 working days as well and nothing about the 31st on there.

Last time that they had none of the away kit, they completely removed it for a while from viewing.

I would love it to arrive for my birthday and hope it does, dieing to get my hands on the home kit, had grealish and the extra badges put on. Will also be getting that third shirt soon as possible.

I think I seen a link that if you ordered through Luke himself there's 50% off at mo, not 100% sure though on that.

Hope you get one sorted, prob best to just order it and even if not available yet, you will basically be put in a queuing system and one will arrive soon as possible to you.

I haven't bought a shirt since the 90's. Might have to spring for one of these..Prolly the away, cuz the home needs blue sleeves.

Edited by maqroll

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

I haven't bought a shirt since the 90's. Might have to spring for one of these..Prolly the away, cuz the home needs blue sleeves.

The away is my least favourite out of the three kits, I actually like the third shirt the best, but had to get the home one first, as stated in previous posts of the historical importance of the home shirt helped me make that decision.

I wonder if next season we will be seeing addidas on our shirts, I certainly wouldn't mind that at all especially on a shirt that would have a rather nice pattern like the thiird kit does.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thanks Dave-R. It's for my nephews birthday on Thursday - but we've had a chat and he's prepared to wait, so long as he gets Jurassic World Evolution for the PS4.

That boy should be negotiating Jack's contract.

Lol kids, priorities are in wrong place when choosing games over villa's shirt.

My 14 year old tried to show his allegiance to sheffield utd a couple of seasons ago and said dad could you get me a footy shirt, I said yeah son of course, I then went and bought him a villa shirt and he was shocked lol..

I refuse to buy any other shirt lol.

• Like 2

Picked up the away shirt while at VP and also got the green/black/red striped retro away while I was there too to match my home shirt.

Its generally the less interesting of the 3 shirts but it’s still great, it has a bit of class about it and the feel and fit is top notch. Very impressed with it. A lot more exciting in the flesh as opposed to in images. 10/10

Just got to wait for the home and third kits to come in stock now and I’ll get them too. 

Marvellous stuff this year!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The away is my least favourite out of the three kits, I actually like the third shirt the best, but had to get the home one first, as stated in previous posts of the historical importance of the home shirt helped me make that decision.

I wonder if next season we will be seeing addidas on our shirts, I certainly wouldn't mind that at all especially on a shirt that would have a rather nice pattern like the thiird kit does.

Has it been officially announced that Adidas is next kit maker?

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Why would you want Adidas on a shirt? So we can a templated kits that look like other teams kits except for the colours and the logos?

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Why would you want Adidas on a shirt? So we can a templated kits that look like other teams kits except for the colours and the logos?

One, it makes sense because one of our owners has a controlling stake in it, rite?? 

Two, I'd prefer addidas over a betting sponsor anyday.

Three, all sorts of merchandise other than shirts could be made.

Four, those teams you speak of would be paying our owner while aston villa can actually wear addidas with pride and tell the other teams to cough up.

Five, addidas is a good sports name anyway, has been around for a very long time and comes from the athlete founding father -1949 Adi Dassler (good history)

Six, I already have myself some addidas stuff anyway, so a villa shirt would make my day, just one with addidas on.

Seven, it's not the sponsor/template that make us look like other teams at all, I do understand what your saying, but as long as the kits look the bit, we are villa and we stand out.

Edited by Dave-R
Extra typing..

Â