Leeds Utd new badge

villa4europe

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Please someone link a  leeds forum I would love to hear their opinions on this 

Link to Leeds Talk

Re: New Badge

Postby dangermouse » 39 minutes ago

Please tell me that is a windup? I don't know what that is, but it is not the crest of a football club. My God. Its like something you would see for some made up MLS soccer club with no history.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Please someone link a  leeds forum I would love to hear their opinions on this 

Not as busy but our mate @Cjay 's lot are here too

All 10000 must have been housed in lunatic asylums , or attendee's of neo Nazi conventions or something . I think its horrendous .

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35336

As we approach Leeds United’s centenary in 2019, we asked our fans and other people close to the Club what the next 100 years means for them. We received great feedback and were blown away by the passion and depth of engagement. Throughout the thorough process, several key themes emerged:

• Fans are full of optimism about the future
  • The clear majority of fans are not attached to the current crest
  • Fans are not afraid of change
  • Leeds United has a turbulent recent past and a bright future
  • Fans are ready to embrace a new era and believe a new crest can be a powerful signal of change

With supporters open to change, we chose to embark on a new crest sooner rather than later, which led to further in-depth consultation. After a rigorous process that spanned six months, we consulted more than 10,000 people connected to Leeds United, through digital surveys, one-on-one and group interviews and meetings with legends, current players, club staff, the owner, partners and representatives from the Leeds and Yorkshire communities. Outside of our commitment to herald the club into a new era on and off the pitch, the most significant reason for updating our crest is that, quite simply, it doesn’t say who we are.  The abbreviation rather than spelling out Leeds United in full contributes to the crest being unrecognisable. We wanted to say who we are with pride: We are Leeds United. We are now delighted and proud to reveal a new crest that represents the passion and the unique identity that runs deep through the Club. The new crest depicts the ‘Leeds Salute’, which over the decades has been an expression of the passion that connects Leeds United’s fans and players on and off the pitch and all over the world. It is used extensively, and notably on match days when with right hand on heart fans sing the Club’s famous song ‘Marching on Together’. Leeds United owes everything to the supporters who have stood by the club through thick and thin. We are delighted and proud to reveal a new crest that reflects the passion and loyalty that runs deep through the Club, and celebrates the fans at the heart of our identity. The crest will be featured on the 2018/19 season kit onwards.

Angus Kinnear, Leeds United Managing Director, said:

“In the past year we have worked very hard as a club to re-engage fans and the wider community across Leeds. We have seen season ticket sales soar and gates have regularly exceeded 32,000 at Elland Road – we are very grateful for the loyal and unwavering support we have received. Once we heard that there was a desire for change to help herald a new era for club, it became of primary importance that the new crest clearly reflected who we are. Everybody knows how proud and passionate the Leeds United fans are, but since I arrived at the club, I have been in awe at the unique connection between the fans and the team. Updating the crest is not a decision we have taken lightly, but we are proud to have a new crest that is authentic to Leeds United and honours the quality and loyalty of our fans. It is a symbol of ‘strength in unity’ and a proud expression of the club’s identity and history.”

leedsunited.com

I doubt it will see out 10 years let alone the next 100. :crylaugh:

Still, "Fresh and Crowd" I suppose eh Tony?

In the spirit of balance, I agree with the sentiment behind removing “LUFC” with Leeds United, I wish we had our name rather than the initials on the badge.

That’s the only positive I can offer, although I wouldn’t be happy with our name appearing on a terrible badge.

• Like 1

Â