Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

I'm into the open world part now, and I'm finding it quite difficult. It's quite a change from the linear start to the game. Still enjoying it, and the weapon choices really open up.

The flying mini bosses are a nightmare, I think this will be a much more "fun" game when the co-op campaign launches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's sad but maybe it's not just for you I guess. Halo is all about the 30 second of fun gameplay loop using the golden triangle (weapon, melee and grenade). The enemies are always going to be a bit shit 30 minutes into the game. Each weapon has a unique time and place to be used within the sandbox and it requires a bit of time to learn that. Maybe the difficulty setting you're playing on is too easy? I'm currently playing it on heroic difficulty and I'm getting my ass handed to me, took about 1 hour to beat the first boss battle. Many grunts have killed me too.

I'm glad you explained that.

I'm not a Halo fan, I have played some Halo games in the past, but the last Halo game I finished was Halo 2 so quite a while back. 

Playing through Halo Infinite was interesting to me. Now, it didn't change my thoughts on Halo, I still don't consider myself a fan, but throughout the playthrough I kept coming back to a single thought and that thought was, "There is a rhythm to the combat, I don't know what that rhythm is and I may never figure it out, but I definitely understand why people love the combat in Halo". So you explaining exactly what "rhythm" I was picking up on is great to read. I knew something was there, but I didn't put the pieces together in my 15-20 hours in Halo Infinite. 

I didn't become a fan, but I definitely came away with a greater appreciation for Halo and I'm glad the fans are enjoying Infinite. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I download Fifa or FM on gamepass would I lose my data/game if they ever took it off? A bit of skeptical of potentially pumping hours into Ultimate Team to lose it a few months down the line.

• 3 weeks later...

Came expecting to see the news that deaths door and hitman was confirmed 😂

Surely they can't put cod day 1 on game pass? Or even take it of multi plat

And a quick google of them the news isn't breaking very fast... The headlines are all still about the sexual harassment stuff, huge job for Ms to clean that up, maybe even the best thing that could have happened, hopefully they gut the **** lot starting with kotick

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Does this mean Activision games will all become XBox exclusives?  Is their aggressive competition strategy having already bagged The Elder Scrolls series and Starfield?

Almost certainly.

You'd think they will kill off the Activision/Blizzard name, it'll all be under Microsoft now.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

oh wow. That is insane. I would imagine all Activision games will be Xbox exclusive and will no longer be put on Playstation consoles. As they did with Bethesda.

Sucks if you love those games and are adamant you'll only ever play on PS, but PC gamepass + PS5 is the way to go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Almost certainly.

You'd think they will kill off the Activision/Blizzard name, it'll all be under Microsoft now.

i dont think so, certainly not straight away anyway, they'll need the money and PS have too many owners to ignore for games like CoD

agree with the 2nd bit though, AB are a dirty name after the last few years and the easiest way to tackle it is to kill them off but keep the studio names from under their umbrella, infinity ward etc will still exist but AB wont

part of me is thinking that they've been able to buy them because of ABs troubles

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think so, certainly not straight away anyway, they'll need the money and PS have too many owners to ignore for games like CoD

agree with the 2nd bit though, AB are a dirty name after the last few years and the easiest way to tackle it is to kill them off but keep the studio names from under their umbrella, infinity ward etc will still exist but AB wont

part of me is thinking that they've been able to buy them because of ABs troubles

Really don't think they do. These acquisitions are all about driving up Game Pass subscriptions. Between Xbox consoles, PC's and Mobile Phones (cloud gaming), there's a hell of a lot of devices that Xbox can reach. Playstations are a relatively small number in comparison. 

The only way these games end up on Playstation consoles is if Sony allow the Game Pass service to run on them imo. Which is highly unlikely.  

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Really don't think they do. These acquisitions are all about driving up Game Pass subscriptions. Between Xbox consoles, PC's and Mobile Phones (cloud gaming), there's a hell of a lot of devices that Xbox can reach. Playstations are a relatively small number in comparison. 

The only way these games end up on Playstation consoles is if Sony allow the Game Pass service to run on them imo. Which is highly unlikely.  

You're still talking about 25m game pass subscribers and 40m xboxs against over 100m PS4 owners... I think as long as they stay on the old hardware they will stay on PS

I don't see it for now, Sony will be nervous that the lack of availability means the ps5 will never have that kind of lead though 

Edited by villa4europe

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You're still talking about 25m game pass subscribers and 40m xboxs against over 100m PS4 owners... 

I don't see it for now, Sony will be nervous that the lack of availability means the ps5 will never have that kind of lead though 

I really don't see them treating this acquisition any differently to the Bethesda acquisition. Same rules will apply. Could be incredibly wrong of course. 

The idea that Microsoft would spend $70billion on a company to develop games for their competitor makes no sense to me at all.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't see them treating this acquisition any differently to the Bethesda acquisition. Same rules will apply. Could be incredibly wrong of course. 

I would expect cod and destiny to stay for now, everything already announced such as overwatch 2 to stay on PS and then the proper new next gen stuff will slowly start to be exclusive 

Same, I'm obviously guessing though

Xbox have stated they will continue to support existing communities going forward.

That said they also said the same when they bought Zenimax/Bethesda. Xbox essentially meant that they would support games already on PlayStation like Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online and any other previously released game still getting updates, but as we know everything else is now Xbox exclusive. 

So I wouldn't be surprised to see CoD: Vanguard to continue to get support for the rest of this year and beyond, but aside from that everything is up in the air. The next Call of Duty might be multiplatform solely because it has been in development for over 2 years already, plus we don't know when the deal will be finalised. Xbox cannot tell Activision Blizzard what to do until Xbox officially own them, so Modern Warfare 2 (2022) might be multiplatform, but anything 2023 and beyond is probably exclusive until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Well I've just resubbed for 3 year ultimate gamepass for £75, absolute no brainer when new games are £70 alone now. 

When you consider you get the PC games as well as the xbox, it's incredible. I couldn't believe FM2022 was in gamepass for PC. It's an amazing service.

Â