Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Id get GP thinking that I'd play a load of indie games, I wouldn't but I'd have a great time creating a play list, not playing them, then forgetting that I even have GP and then the wife spotting it on my bank statement 8 months later 

I’d be the opposite. I have no interest in indie games, but I’d make a list of all the AAA Xbox-exclusive games from the past 5 years and aim to play one each month for a year. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d be the opposite. I have no interest in indie games, but I’d make a list of all the AAA Xbox-exclusive games from the past 5 years and aim to play one each month for a year. 

Got about 3 months worth then :trollface:

I walked away from Xbox after about 30 mins of halo infinite, none of their "big" exclusives do anything for me, flight simulator is probably the big miss imo would love to play that, after that it's pentiment and as dusk falls

15 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The problem is that they have ditched their streaming service (xcloud) and it was shit in the first place. They should partner with Nvidia who are the only service I have used where I can't tell the difference between local and streaming. 

They haven't? I used it just last night. No good for FPS but was fine playing Resi 2 and vampire survivors.

33 minutes ago, jim said:

They haven't? I used it just last night. No good for FPS but was fine playing Resi 2 and vampire survivors.

Sorry, it's still up but they have stopped making any improvements to it. Give GeForceNOW a go and you will see how good cloud gaming really can be. 

• Thanks 1

They're doing a podcast Wednesday with I think the head 3 Xbox peope

Almost weird if they don't announce something major now 

I'm going for a couple of games on each other console and not the same games, would say psychonauts 2 on switch 2 but that's not going to happen with Nintendo not officially launching switch 2 so I'll go hi fi rush on switch and starfield on ps5

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They're doing a podcast Wednesday with I think the head 3 Xbox peope

Almost weird if they don't announce something major now 

I'm going for a couple of games on each other console and not the same games, would say psychonauts 2 on switch 2 but that's not going to happen with Nintendo not officially launching switch 2 so I'll go hi fi rush on switch and starfield on ps5

Yes please. I know folks are down on it but I'd still like to have a play.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

It's a huge letdown. I thought it was decent when I played through it but as soon as I swapped to Cyberpunk I realised that it was levels below other AAA games. 

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if the announcement isn't relating to Sea of Thieves, possibly Starfield, and maybe some older legacy Xbox titles becoming multiplatform, but I do wonder if they will also announce the new discless Series X too.

sea of thieves, hi-fi rush, pentiment and grounded are coming to PS5 and switch (what i read wasnt clear if it was all 4 on each console)

diablo 4 is coming to GP

"new hardware and controller options coming this holiday"

45 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Soon there won't be a reason to have a console. 

the death of the console will be the patching and the inability to put a disc in and play within 30 seconds, they're slowly losing sight of what makes them better than a PC - pure lazy convenience

its not the game library 

So all those Xbox rumours seem to be much about nothing really? unless i'm missing something. 

Pretty much just as you were other than a couple of games going to other consoles but who gives a shit about that? Surely the more games that can be played elsewhere the better? 

Yeah I'm not sure why they tried to turn the rumours in to a marketing event 

They did also throw in some guff about the next console being the greatest generational leap ever seen, that's a massive mistep that no one needs right now, says to me they still don't get it 

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They did also throw in some guff about the next console being the greatest generational leap ever seen, that's a massive mistep that no one needs right now, says to me they still don't get it 

Yeah, I mean i'm all for decent hardware but they need to improve their first party catalogue for it to be remotely meaningful. People care way more about the quality of games over how powerful the piece of plastic is. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 09:59, villarule123 said:

PlayStation games are coming to PC too by the sounds of it. 

Soon there won't be a reason to have a console. 

Convenience. 

• 3 weeks later...

Control (with all the DLC) is going to be on Game Pass shortly, for anyone who's not played it.

I cannot recommend this game enough.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2024 at 09:01, HKP90 said:

Starfield was one of the most disappointing games ever. Considering how long they had to do it, it was cloggy and boring. I deleted after about a month

• Like 1

Â