Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

Fables more of an rpg isn't it?

They definitley ticked that box, loads of them

If starfield gets 10s around the board I'll pick one up at Xmas but at the moment it's just nothing for me, again not that Sony are doing that much better, I'll play spiderman and FF this year but that's about it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 26/08/2023 at 09:52, Talldarkandransome said:

Game Pass subs going up to £12.99 from £10.99., 25% ish. Really can't wait for my salary to do the same

Is that Ultimate?  Can you buy a cheaper annual pass nowadays?

Even at £13 a month it's still a nice deal imo for what you get out of it. 

You used to be able to get 3 years worth of Game Pass Ultimate for like £100-150. Can't remember how much exactly now. Not sure if it's still possible though. 

Pretty much you'd buy 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and add it to your account. Then buy 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate and it would convert all the Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years. 

On 29/08/2023 at 15:03, PieFacE said:

Even at £13 a month it's still a nice deal imo for what you get out of it. 

You used to be able to get 3 years worth of Game Pass Ultimate for like £100-150. Can't remember how much exactly now. Not sure if it's still possible though. 

Pretty much you'd buy 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and add it to your account. Then buy 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate and it would convert all the Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not disputing the value, it's great value and I get good use out of it. It's purely the increase. Once I've ditched prime I probably won't even notice it

On 29/08/2023 at 15:03, PieFacE said:

It was when I last did it earlier this year I think. Was about £76 total for 3 years.

The conversion has recently been changed from 1:1 to 3:2, so 90 days of Xbox Live Gold (soon to be Game Pass Core) will now convert to 60 days Game Pass Ultimate. So while the conversion is still possible, you will be spending quite a bit more now. 

On 31/08/2023 at 13:35, Daweii said:

The conversion has recently been changed from 1:1 to 3:2, so 90 days of Xbox Live Gold (soon to be Game Pass Core) will now convert to 60 days Game Pass Ultimate. So while the conversion is still possible, you will be spending quite a bit more now. 

So 3 levels of Gamepass coming - Core, Standard & Ultimate?

A bit like PS Plus I guess with Essential, Extra and Premium.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

So 3 levels of Gamepass coming - Core, Standard & Ultimate?

A bit like PS Plus I guess with Essential, Extra and Premium.

The only real difference is PS+ Essential offers three games every month, while Game Pass Core offers a library of over 25 games that get rotated every 4 months or so. 

When Game Pass Core launches on September 14th it will launch with these games;

• Among Us
  • Descenders
  • Dishonored 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Grounded
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Human Fall Flat
  • Inside
  • Ori & The Will of the Wisps
  • Psychonauts 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Only 19 games so far which means they will likely be adding to that list ahead of release, or once the service has released.

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

which one gives you the likes of starfield and forza on day one?

that's what GP has over PS+, taking that away is madness IMO

Game Pass Console, Game Pass PC and Game Pass Ultimate get day ones from first party and third party studios which isn't changing.

Game Pass Core is a new tier that is replacing Xbox Live Gold, and adding to it a smaller selection of Game Pass games that gets rotated out every 4 months or so. 

For those on Xbox Live Gold the change will likely be an upgrade overall, and for those already on Game Pass Console, Game Pass PC, or Game Pass Ultimate nothing has changed.

Game Pass Core is basically a trojan horse to get the entire Xbox userbase used to having some kind of Game Pass library so that they all upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate. 

• 4 months later...

Strong rumours that some of not all of the Xbox exclusives are going to his PS/Nintendo at some point in the future, which would pretty much make having an Xbox useless. 

Also some rumours that Gamepass won't be getting games day one for much longer, which would be a massive PR blunder as a lot of people like myself have subbed for the next 3 years in advance. 

I wonder if they have made an Elon Musk sized mistake in buying Activision for £70bn. Gamepass was never going to be a money maker compared to the cost of making games. 

Dont see it working personally, they'd be better off looking to make certain games multi platform and selling them in a traditional sense (like ori on the switch) 

That way they could also protect their crown jewels like halo and forza

Still think the Samsung direct to TV stuff was the best way of getting more people on game pass, TV app, controller, 12 month bundle for say £80

18 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Strong rumours that some of not all of the Xbox exclusives are going to his PS/Nintendo at some point in the future, which would pretty much make having an Xbox useless. 

Also some rumours that Gamepass won't be getting games day one for much longer, which would be a massive PR blunder as a lot of people like myself have subbed for the next 3 years in advance. 

I wonder if they have made an Elon Musk sized mistake in buying Activision for £70bn. Gamepass was never going to be a money maker compared to the cost of making games. 

Interesting.

On game exclusivity I think it's probably a smart move. I don't particularly like exclusivity and would much rather the market went in a direction where all games were available everywhere. So I can totally see why they'd do that, especially with now owning Bethesda and Zenimax. It would also help future acquisitions too. Wouldn't shock me if they just stopped making consoles tbh. The real money is in software. 

On GamePass, if they remove day one releases then that's a massive fail. Would likely cancel my GP sub if they did do that. Would be a bit of a slap in the face. Imagine subscribing to Netflix but having to pay to watch certain movies when they release. **** that. 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Still think the Samsung direct to TV stuff was the best way of getting more people on game pass, TV app, controller, 12 month bundle for say £80

This is the way I see it going. App on Smart TV's and some kind of streaming stick for older TV's.

Phil is making an announcement this week. Would not surprise me if they pull out of the hardware race altogether and have Xbox apps/OS licensed out.

3 hours ago, jim said:

This is the way I see it going. App on Smart TV's and some kind of streaming stick for older TV's.

Phil is making an announcement this week. Would not surprise me if they pull out of the hardware race altogether and have Xbox apps/OS licensed out.

The problem is that they have ditched their streaming service (xcloud) and it was shit in the first place. They should partner with Nvidia who are the only service I have used where I can't tell the difference between local and streaming. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dont see it working personally, they'd be better off looking to make certain games multi platform and selling them in a traditional sense (like ori on the switch) 

That way they could also protect their crown jewels like halo and forza

I’d buy Gamepass if I could use it with my PS5 controller on my 2022 QLED Samsung TV.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’d buy Gamepass if I could use it with my PS5 controller on my 2022 QLED TV.

Yeah so would I tbf

Id get GP thinking that I'd play a load of indie games, I wouldn't but I'd have a great time creating a play list, not playing them, then forgetting that I even have GP and then the wife spotting it on my bank statement 8 months later 

• Haha 1

Â