Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

Starfield was a victim of having to create wholly new systems to facilitate what they were trying to do. I imagine 70% of the dev time was spent on engine level upgrades and experimenting with the best way to take a largely on-ground set of tools and making them work in space. Starfield itself likely had the same 2-3 year dev cycle that all of their games get once the game engine was up to speed, which is why I think Elder Scrolls 6 is closer than people think (2026, not 2030 like I have some people suggest online). That said, I think Starfield will go down as a neat experiment. I think it'll go down as something Todd Howard wanted to make for 25-years, something he finally got to make, and he likely won't make another one. 

I wasn't huge into Starfield. I played it for around 13 hours, and I might dive back in when they add vehicles and when the expansion comes out, but until then navigating planets felt like a waste of time. I was just running around when a vehicle was sorely needed. 

Edited by Daweii

Started Control last night, went for the Ultimate edition for series x and graphics mode which offers 30fps and ray tracing.

The gameplay is really good, nice and simple. Interesting story and not overly difficult to get into.

Little disappointed with the graphics, but that could be my HDR settings. Blacks are washy and blurry so will have to revisit that

Â