Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like blocking the deal is a really dumb decision and i'm yet to hear a convincing argument as to why it should be blocked. The whole "Cloud" argument is stupid. 

it would unfairly disadvantage me as a PS5 gamer 

im not sure how as i dont play any AB games but im sure it would....

the strange thing about it is why they all jumped on this one, there's seemingly so many regulators who let so many acquisitions go and yet they all wanted a piece of this one

It's one of those that's clearly 'not a good thing' but doesn't have clear and obvious red lines as to why. Microsoft buying one of the biggest independent publishers in the industry just isn't what is best for the gaming industry and the market.

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it would unfairly disadvantage me as a PS5 gamer 

Not really sure this is a valid argument (or at least I don't understand it, not trying to be a dick and dismiss your opinion). How would it be unfair? You'd still have the option of buying games on PC, Xbox or play through cloud. And games such as Call of Duty will have remained on Playstation anyway. 

Then there's the argument what about all the Nintendo players that would have got access to Activision/Blizzard's games had the deal got approved that will now not? Surely by not approving this deal it's unfair on them? (using the same logic in reverse)

Edited by PieFacE

54 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not really sure this is a valid argument (or at least I don't understand it, not trying to be a dick and dismiss your opinion). How would it be unfair? You'd still have the option of buying games on PC, Xbox or play through cloud. And games such as Call of Duty will have remained on Playstation anyway. 

Then there's the argument what about all the Nintendo players that would have got access to Activision/Blizzard's games had the deal got approved that will now not? Surely by not approving this deal it's unfair on them? (using the same logic in reverse)

its not, its a terrible argument that was laughable that sony presented it as on the side they happily bought bungie

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

After loving deathloop I thought redfall might be the game to get me xboxing again... Its getting really poor reviews

Redfall is Arkane Austin's attempt at something new for them and it didn't work out well at all. Arkane Austin were the devs behind Prey (2017) which is one of the greatest sci-fi immersive sims since Deus Ex, but they largely ignored what they were good at with Redfall to make an open-world looter shooter. Now, there is some immersive sim DNA in this game, I don't think Arkane can make a game without multi-layered level design and buildings with 9 different ways to get in, but while that DNA is there, it's largely let down by the rest of the game feeling so hollow and lifeless. 

It's also buggy as shit. I have had enemies t-pose and slide across the screen. I have had quest markers not vanish from the map. Flickering textures, dancing shadows, and textures just not loading. I have had the AI completely break on numerous occasions, which in a boss fight is rather anti-climactic. I'd usually say that it needed to be delayed instead of releasing it in this state, but Redfall was already delayed for almost a year before this, so if it just wasn't coming together then I don't think Bethesda/Xbox Game Studios had much choice other than to release it and hope someone out there liked it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

The lack of a 60FPS mode has put me off even trying Redfall. At this point I pretty much refuse to play 30FPS games. 

Honest... I still don't really know what all that means 😂

Got my 4k,120hz TV hooked up to my ps5... And then I use kodi to watch a screener filmed through a potato

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest... I still don't really know what all that means 😂

Got my 4k,120hz TV hooked up to my ps5... And then I use kodi to watch a screener filmed through a potato

haha no way! I really really notice the difference between 30-60fps. 60-120 I don't notice so much. 30fps makes me want to cry. Everything feels so sluggish.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

haha no way! I really really notice the difference between 30-60fps. 60-120 I don't notice so much. 30fps makes me want to cry.

I played about with it a fair bit on horizon 2 but in the end I can't even remember what mode I played it in

My TV also has a game mode and a sport mode but I got fed up of switching so again I'm not even sure what it's now in

I think I watch so much dodgy stuff on the fire stick plus then my phone and my switch that I don't pay attention to it

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The lack of a 60FPS mode has put me off even trying Redfall. At this point I pretty much refuse to play 30FPS games. 

It's very weird that the game didn't ship with a performance mode on Series X|S. I'm playing the PC version and the frame rate is smooth as silk at 100+ FPS. I'm very curious what issue they hit on Series X|S to not be able to deliver 60FPS at launch. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2023 at 21:28, PieFacE said:

haha no way! I really really notice the difference between 30-60fps. 60-120 I don't notice so much. 30fps makes me want to cry. Everything feels so sluggish.

Try Doom Eternal at 60fps then do it at 120fps. The speed difference is very noticeable. I'd rather 60fps as quality is more a thing for me than speed. Also depends on what 4k telly/monitor you are playing it on. The difference between standard 4k HDR and OLED is massive

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Try Doom Eternal at 60fps then do it at 120fps. The speed difference is very noticeable. I'd rather 60fps as quality is more a thing for me than speed. Also depends on what 4k telly/monitor you are playing it on. The difference between standard 4k HDR and OLED is massive

Cool will give that a go, cheers. Got an LG CX OLED so hopefully will notice it 👍

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Snap, with HDMI 2.1 and a series x. 

Ditto! Amazing TV's aren't they?

I have a C9 in the living room and a CX in my office. Both with a Series X plugged into them. Barely turn the things on mind. 

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Was a better showing than sony

Clockwork revolution looked good, flight simulator looked absolutely superb... But there's still nothing there for me, I like the big AAA solo player story driven game, GoW, TLOU, uncharted etc etc they don't seem interested in them

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was a better showing than sony

Clockwork revolution looked good, flight simulator looked absolutely superb... But there's still nothing there for me, I like the big AAA solo player story driven game, GoW, TLOU, uncharted etc etc they don't seem interested in them

Fable? Though not a lot shown from it. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â