Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

I took a look at mine on the PC for the first time in a while yesterday.  I then saw that Command and Conquer remastered in 4K was available.  

Welcome back Commander. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There was a time where I was unsure how Game Pass would be sustainable. However, they've apparently now got 23million subscribers. Not bad going for MS at $15 a month. If they buy another publisher or two, this will be the greatest value in gaming ever for the consumer. Especially when you consider the third party games they are getting. It's also rumoured that BF6 will be coming to Game Pass day 1. Kinda crazy if true. Might legitimately never have to buy a game again.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, PieFacE said:

There was a time where I was unsure how Game Pass would be sustainable. However, they've apparently now got 23million subscribers. Not bad going for MS at $15 a month. If they buy another publisher or two, this will be the greatest value in gaming ever for the consumer. Especially when you consider the third party games they are getting. It's also rumoured that BF6 will be coming to Game Pass day 1. Kinda crazy if true. Might legitimately never have to buy a game again.

BF6 to Game Pass rumour is picking up steam. A lot of what I've heard is due to the middling success and brand damage Battlefield V caused it has made Game Pass Day One a very enticing prospect.

Xbox Global Publishing are also working with a handful of developers (all unknown) to make some ambitious second party exclusives. I have heard Kojima Productions is potentially one of them, Avalanche Studios Group might be another of them. 

Game Pass is going to turbocharge Microsoft's plans. Game Pass is at 23 million subs and that is off the back of indie and third party deals. Game Pass is going to hit 30 million by the end of the year and 50+ million once all the first party exclusives start launching.

Also while I'm here I'll list everything set to be coming to Game Pass Day One in 2021;

• MLB: The Show 21 
  • Backbone 
  • The Wild At Heart
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator for Series X|S
  • Boyfriend Dungeon
  • CrisTales
  • The Ascent
  • Nobody Saves The World
  • Omno
  • Moonglow Bay
  • Warhammer 40K: Darktide
  • The Good Life
  • SkateBird
  • Grounded 1.0
  • Astria Ascending
  • Edge of Eternity
  • The Gunk
  • Recompile
  • Anvil: Vault Breakers
  • The Witch in the Woods
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Vapor World: Over the Mind
  • Sable
  • Undungeon
  • SCORN
  • Library of Runia
  • Way to the Woods
  • Halo Infinite
  • She Dreams Elsewhere
  • Hello Neighbour 2

I might have missed some so don't take this as a comprehensive list, it's probably longer.  

The other Day One games in 2022 and beyond are as follows;

Starfield  -  Craftopia  -  Dead State Drive  -  Everwild  -  STALKER 2  -  Forza Motorsport  -  Senua's Saga: Hellblade II  -  As Dusk Falls  -  Avowed  -  Perfect Dark  -  State of Decay 3  -  Fable  -  Indiana Jones  -  The Elder Scrolls VI 

Game Pass is insane value and it's going to drive so many sales of Series X|S. I don't see how anyone goes this entire generation without picking up an Xbox to play everything coming to that console. I know Xbox One was not a must have system, but this generation is different. Those without a Series X|S will miss out on some incredible games.  

• Like 1

Straight to Gamepass or game pass via EA play? 

Pretty sure I've still got EA play for some unknown reason 

They're currently giving away 7 day GP trials with tubes of pringles and I have a birthday party next week... Will hopefully get enough out of it for FF12 and octopath traveller 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Straight to Gamepass or game pass via EA play? 

Pretty sure I've still got EA play for some unknown reason 

They're currently giving away 7 day GP trials with tubes of pringles and I have a birthday party next week... Will hopefully get enough out of it for FF12 and octopath traveller 

Straight to Gamepass is the rumour. Will still have the 10hour trail with EA Play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/04/2021 at 12:19, Daweii said:

BF6 to Game Pass rumour is picking up steam. A lot of what I've heard is due to the middling success and brand damage Battlefield V caused it has made Game Pass Day One a very enticing prospect.

Xbox Global Publishing are also working with a handful of developers (all unknown) to make some ambitious second party exclusives. I have heard Kojima Productions is potentially one of them, Avalanche Studios Group might be another of them. 

Game Pass is going to turbocharge Microsoft's plans. Game Pass is at 23 million subs and that is off the back of indie and third party deals. Game Pass is going to hit 30 million by the end of the year and 50+ million once all the first party exclusives start launching.

Also while I'm here I'll list everything set to be coming to Game Pass Day One in 2021;

• MLB: The Show 21 
  • Backbone 
  • The Wild At Heart
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator for Series X|S
  • Boyfriend Dungeon
  • CrisTales
  • The Ascent
  • Nobody Saves The World
  • Omno
  • Moonglow Bay
  • Warhammer 40K: Darktide
  • The Good Life
  • SkateBird
  • Grounded 1.0
  • Astria Ascending
  • Edge of Eternity
  • The Gunk
  • Recompile
  • Anvil: Vault Breakers
  • The Witch in the Woods
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Vapor World: Over the Mind
  • Sable
  • Undungeon
  • SCORN
  • Library of Runia
  • Way to the Woods
  • Halo Infinite
  • She Dreams Elsewhere
  • Hello Neighbour 2

I might have missed some so don't take this as a comprehensive list, it's probably longer.  

The other Day One games in 2022 and beyond are as follows;

Game Pass is insane value and it's going to drive so many sales of Series X|S. I don't see how anyone goes this entire generation without picking up an Xbox to play everything coming to that console. I know Xbox One was not a must have system, but this generation is different. Those without a Series X|S will miss out on some incredible games.  

All these below I've watched gameplay of apart from boyfriend dungeon:

Age of empires iv on Gamepass list that is amazing and I've been waiting for that since its release on pc.

Microsoft flight simulator just looks beautiful and jaw dropping.

Dno WTF boyfriend dungeon is, is that some gamer girls fantasy game or pissed off housewife's dream.

The Ascent looks nice.

Warhammer I'm looking forward to, looks hot as most Warhammer games are pretty cool.

Grounded is a great little game to play with friends 4 player co op, it's already out just not a full release, they have been doing lots to it. Think of it as honey I shrunk the kids.

Never been into the halos apart from the story, the multiplayer can go screw itself, jump, shoot, regen shield, repeat.

There a few others on that list I recognise by seeing trailers like skorn, Anvil and if I'm not mistaken they look good.

• 2 months later...

Getting sick of waiting for the X so tempted to buy the series S with game pass. I haven't done enough research yet so feel free to stop me in my tracks, but the only games I'll be looking to play will be Fifa on it's yearly cycle then just Gears of War/Halo games. Are all the titles avaliable with the pass? Is storage an issue?

38 minutes ago, MCU said:

Getting sick of waiting for the X so tempted to buy the series S with game pass. I haven't done enough research yet so feel free to stop me in my tracks, but the only games I'll be looking to play will be Fifa on it's yearly cycle then just Gears of War/Halo games. Are all the titles avaliable with the pass? Is storage an issue?

all the MS games are on the pass so you're ok with gears and halo, FIFA isnt you'd have to buy it, only the 10 hour trial and then the full game around May / June via EA play on gamepass ultimate

storage i dont think will be an issue with just those games and then if you saw something else you wanted you'd have to delete and manage it accordingly which is what i do, storage problems on these new consoles is overstated, just download a game play it delete it move on to the next one, all your saves and "ownership" of the game stays on the cloud 

flight simulator isnt on the old gen machine which is causing me a problem, i love the sound of exploration on it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

all the MS games are on the pass so you're ok with gears and halo, FIFA isnt you'd have to buy it, only the 10 hour trial and then the full game around May / June via EA play on gamepass ultimate

storage i dont think will be an issue with just those games and then if you saw something else you wanted you'd have to delete and manage it accordingly which is what i do, storage problems on these new consoles is overstated, just download a game play it delete it move on to the next one, all your saves and "ownership" of the game stays on the cloud 

flight simulator isnt on the old gen machine which is causing me a problem, i love the sound of exploration on it

Thanks mate, sounds ideal for me then. I don't mind paying for the digital release of fifa when it's out albeit paying RRP for it.

As for deleting games even though your saved progress is stored is great.

How does playing online work? Do I need to pay a seperate subscription for gold as well as the microsoft pass if I were to play these games online?

Also, do you have the S? Sorry questions...

9 minutes ago, MCU said:

Thanks mate, sounds ideal for me then. I don't mind paying for the digital release of fifa when it's out albeit paying RRP for it.

As for deleting games even though your saved progress is stored is great.

How does playing online work? Do I need to pay a seperate subscription for gold as well as the microsoft pass if I were to play these games online?

Also, do you have the S? Sorry questions...

F2P games no longer require a Xbox Live subscription

If you get Game Pass you also need to pay for Xbox Live

But if you buy Game Pass Ultimate then Cloud Streaming and Online play is also bundled in. 

tl;dr, Game Pass Ultimate is the best value for money I believe. 

You can get 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate for about £100 online. Which will give you all of Microsoft's games, EA play, Xbox Live, Cloud Gaming and some other perks too. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

F2P games no longer require a Xbox Live subscription

If you get Game Pass you also need to pay for Xbox Live

But if you buy Game Pass Ultimate then Cloud Streaming and Online play is also bundled in. 

tl;dr, Game Pass Ultimate is the best value for money I believe. 

You can get 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate for about £100 online. Which will give you all of Microsoft's games, EA play, Xbox Live, Cloud Gaming and some other perks too. 

That ultimate pass is a good idea... merge it all! Looking at something like this then

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Ultimate-Months-Subscription/dp/B08M7H66JV/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=xbox%2Bseries%2Bs&qid=1628583747&s=videogames&sr=1-3&th=1

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Ordered the S, picking up tomorrow.

Just a quick one, what’s the crack with the controller? Are they still battery powered, if so does it come with batteries? One thing I never had to worry about with the PlayStation. 

• 3 months later...

Not sure if anyone cares but there's very very strong rumours that Halo Infinities' Multiplayer might be shadow dropping today for Game Pass members as a celebration of 20 years of Xbox.

As someone who loved Halo 1, 2 and 3 I'm very excited by it as the beta felt like a return to form for Halo. 

Out of the new CoD, Battlefield and Halo, Halo definitely felt the best during their betas. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â