Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

Just seen this. To be clear, when it says it will charge £1 for the first month and £10.99 each month after, that's after your existing subscription ends?

Hi, Yes the monthly charge is to continue subscribing after the initial contract has ended although if you sign up to microsoft rewards you will probably never have to pay for it ever again anyway as they give you points for playing games every month (& using bing to search rather than google etc) which you can then redeem for even more gamepass/gold etc

You can still apparantly do this exploit too and not really sure how they could actually change this due to the way the conversion is set up, you can basically buy a brand new xbox one console today, buy 3 years of xbox live for £120 or so, redeem this on your console and then pay the £1 to upgrade to gamepass ultimate. This converts the whole 3 years of gold to gamepass ultimate which basically gives you xbox live, xbox gamepass & pc gamepass for the equivalent of £3.33 per month for the next 3 years :)

It does seem to be a one time conversion thing though so if you are going to do it at east make sure you have 1 years worth of live left or something as it would be daft to just convert a couple of months

Edited by LakotaDakota

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Hi, Yes the monthly charge is to continue subscribing after the initial contract has ended although if you sign up to microsoft rewards you will probably never have to pay for it ever again anyway as they give you points for playing games every month (& using bing to search rather than google etc) which you can then redeem for even more gamepass/gold etc

You can still apparantly do this exploit too and not really sure how they could actually change this due to the way the conversion is set up, you can basically buy a brand new xbox one console today, buy 3 years of xbox live for £120 or so, redeem this on your console and then pay the £1 to upgrade to gamepass ultimate. This converts the whole 3 years of gold to gamepass ultimate which basically gives you xbox live, xbox gamepass & pc gamepass for the equivalent of £3.33 per month for the next 3 years :)

It does seem to be a one time conversion thing though so if you are going to do it at east make sure you have 1 years worth of live left or something as it would be daft to just convert a couple of months

Ha! Have done this now. Extra 24 months from cdkeys for £75. Plus it appears to have added 2 free months. So £76 to switch to Ultimate from now until August 2022.

3 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Ha! Have done this now. Extra 24 months from cdkeys for £75. Plus it appears to have added 2 free months. So £76 to switch to Ultimate from now until August 2022.

Good isn't it 😀 in all honesty it is far too many games to actually play them all properly but for less than the cost of a pint you get 15 or so games every month including all first party releases day one (or earlier if they keep sticking the ultimate versions on like gow5). If you haven't already join Microsoft rewards.(there is an app on the console)You can get daily points for searching with bing but if you can't be arsed with that just look at the quests they put up every month as they give you a couple of thousand points for getting achievements in certain games and you can use these points for gift cards (not just xbox, they have some for shops too) or gamepass/gold subscriptions and you'll never have to pay for it again if you're smart

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like, well just about everything is coming to gamepass, including xcloud streaming & finally the yakuza games next year which has made me very happy. halo reach on dec 3rd & flight simulator simply looks stunning.

Also 9 final fantasy games heading to gamepass next year and kingdom hearts games all coming to xbox, kingdom hearts demo out today

Xcloud also coming to windows 10 PCs next year.

Whole bunch of stuff added today including rage 2

Edited by LakotaDakota

Days like this make me glad my Game Pass Ultimate doesn't run out until 2022. Microsoft are killing it and I love the company they have become. They're not perfect by any means, but this customer first mentality is so good. 

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Looks like, well just about everything is coming to gamepass, including xcloud streaming & finally the yakuza games next year which has made me very happy. halo reach on dec 3rd & flight simulator simply looks stunning.

Also 9 final fantasy games heading to gamepass next year and kingdom hearts games all coming to xbox, kingdom hearts demo out today

Xcloud also coming to windows 10 PCs next year.

Whole bunch of stuff added today including rage 2

Hhmmmm, maybe this will give me the chance to try TW3 again, and hopefully enjoy it.

If you can't make all the games out from the screen at the start of the video they are :

Today 

Console:
Rage 2 
The Lego the Ninjago Movie Video Game
Remnant from the Ashes 
Age of Wonders: Planetfall

PC:
Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

Console and PC:
The Talos Principle
Tracks

Still to come in 2019: 

Console:
Life is Strange 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PC:
The Red Strings Club

Console and PC:
Darksiders 3
Vambrace Cold Soul
The Escapists 2
Halo Reach (Will be added to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection)
My Friend Pedro

Next year:

Console:
Tekken 7
The Red Lantern
Supraland

PC:
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Pandemic

Console and PC:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Cris Tales
Drake Hollow
Edge of Eternity
Forager
It Lurks Below
Minecraft Dungeons
Tell Me Why
Grounded
Bleeding Edge
Wasteland 3
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XV
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Carrion
Cyber Shadow
Double Kick Heroes
Haven
Level Head
Phogs
Scourge Bringer
She Dreams Elsewhere
Skatebird
Streets of Rage 4
Touhou Luna Nights
West of Dead

There will also still be other games added to the service on top of these

More free stuff available as part of gamepass. If you are an existing Gamepass ultimate subscriber you should see a "your gift" button on the dashboard. This will give you 6 months spotify premium, 3 months discord nitro & 1 month ea access for nothing other than a couple of clicks. They are tied to your xbox account but if you are already subscribing to any of the services you can not add the time on on or take advantage of this offer, just for new customers of the services. Just don't forget to turn off any of the auto renew or you'll end up having to pay for them once the free periods end.

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just got this for a quid. Anything decent?

im enjoying rage 2 at the moment

its a bit like Netflix for me, I spend ages looking, download a lot, play it for 30 odd minutes and decide its not for me and move on to the next

outer worlds didn't do anything for me, neither did gears (awful tutorial to start it) latest tomb raider is disappointing (the first 2 are great) but also try Wolfenstein 2, doom, hellblade, ori, skylines, monster hunter, sunset overdrive, state of decay has some flaws but its ok, the 2 middle earth games,

I need to get in to the indies, edith finch etc anyone got any suggestions for those?

• Like 1

Anyone signed up for the XCloud Beta? I signed up a couple of days ago and got accepted today. It's bloody fantastic. 

Tried Halo to see what an FPS was like and the input lag was noticeable which is to be expected but it worked well generally, didn't have a hitch at all. I then tried Hellblade and single player games like that is where XCloud will be in its element. It worked perfectly and whilst there was still input lag, it wasn't anywhere near as noticeable as an FPS. 

Considering it's likely going to be free with Game Pass ultimate, it pisses all over Stadia. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone signed up for the XCloud Beta? I signed up a couple of days ago and got accepted today. It's bloody fantastic. 

Tried Halo to see what an FPS was like and the input lag was noticeable which is to be expected but it worked well generally, didn't have a hitch at all. I then tried Hellblade and single player games like that is where XCloud will be in its element. It worked perfectly and whilst there was still input lag, it wasn't anywhere near as noticeable as an FPS. 

Considering it's likely going to be free with Game Pass ultimate, it pisses all over Stadia. 

Yep had it for a couple of months now. More fun now there are more than the initial 4 games available. It just works, and works well. The only real time i have had any glitches is at home on wifi, use 4g and it's pretty much flawless but seems to stutter a bit sometimes over wifi. Only real gripe is the text is very small in some games so does limit the types of games that are playable a little. As soon as they kick this out properly and get it running on any screen you have access to it will be great.

Picked up one of the £99 Xbox’s and just bought a couple of years of live and did the £1 trick. Incredible value for money! 

Â