Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

So MS have just announced that ALL (3 of them lolololol)  of their first party games will release on Game Pass the same day that they release globally. So future Forza, Halo, Gears will be on there, and this years Sea of Thieves, Crackdown and State of Decay.

Pretty ballsy but very good move by MS I think. Suddenly a pretty good service for £7 a month or whatever it is.

Tempted to now get it, anyone else?

More here;

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/23/...s-subscription-future-games-microsoft-studios

Microsoft is planning to bring its own exclusive Xbox games, published through Microsoft Studios, to the company’s Xbox Game Pass subscription. Future games, including Sea of Thieves, will be available via subscription on the same day they’re available to purchase at retail stores or through the Microsoft Store. “The number one request from our customers... was to get new blockbuster games into Game Pass,” explains Microsoft’s games chief, Phil Spencer, in an interview with The Verge.

Sea of Thieves will be the first title available on launch day, March 20th, through the Xbox Games Pass, and that will “follow through with State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and the rest of our portfolio,” says Spencer. “Not just those games, but our future Halos, our future Gears of War, future Forzas, and other games. Our plan is to launch those to our Game Pass subscribers at the same time they go to retail.”

Xbox Youtube video

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

The cynic in me thinks once they do that it won’t stay £7 for long

They want it to be the Netflix of gaming so if it does go up it likely won't be by much, I mean it's hard to sell this as the Netflix of gaming if it's £20+ a month cause Netflix isn't. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Tempted to now get it, anyone else?

I'd get something like this if it was on PC.

I know that Xbox Game Pass on PC would only include 10 games once Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 are out, but I would probably prefer that.

My issue is I have a PC that makes the Xbox One X look weak so Xbox Game Pass on Xbox itself isn't exciting to me, though if there was a way to save a bit of money on the Windows Store versions I'd be down for that.

As it stands I'll be buying Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 on PC via Windows Store. It's neat people will get them all cheaper on Xbox One via this, but I haven't gamed on Xbox in a while.

Maybe one day they will bring this to PC with a cost that better fits the fact it will only have Microsoft Game Studios games on it, until then I'm resigned to paying full price for all three of Microsoft's games this year.

ive got PS Now but i hardly ever use it, complete waste of money, i've also got EA access and dont think ive used that in about 3 months

tbf looking at it now i'm thinking yeah id play halo 5, GoW 4, dead rising 3, state of decay, MGS 5, REmake, RE 0, ReCore, maybe even metro, DMC, sunset overdrive, saints row...theres nothing wrong with the list of games available, i just know that £50 later I'll have spent around 4 hours on it

the play anywhere stuff currently in the pass has been available to dowload on PC for a while (gears 4, zoo tycoon) There wasn't any fuss or big announcement, just seemed to stealthily get added.

I have had game pass since it launched, between this, EA access & games with gold (approx £150 per year for the lot) there is a choice of 200+ games.

I have had all the xbox consoles since launch so have already got the stuff in the pass that has previously been games with gold etc but if you are new to the system /gaming it is fantastic really as it is a huge instant library for the cost of 3/4 games.

Bar the odd game i buy in the game/shopto race to the bottom instant half price discount sale i hardly every buy anythinng anymore. Everything EA is free in the vault 6 months or less after launch & i don't mind waiting for those

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a glitch to get this cheaper at the minute. I've just bought 2 years of game pass. £191 would have been retail price, got it for £72.

Xbox is having a promotion where you can buy a month of Game Pass for £3(£7.99) / €3.50(€9.99) / $5($9.99)

The thing is it stacks, so I've just bought a years worth for £36.
Not bad for the growing library now at 170 games and every MS 1st party release on day one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Games for May now announced.

Another brand new release with state of decay 2, Combined with super Mega baseball 2 being free with gold at launch that is 2 games i would have actually purchased for £50 this month anyway.

Homefront has been vastly improved since launch and looks rather nice with the 4k X patch, Pro Evo for free is always welcome.

ayW4cLV.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI, You can currently get 6 month subs on amazon for £23.99 which brings it down to £3.99 per month. Might just be worth buying a few & stacking them, With the free subs from xbox rewards & one of these my gamepass is not now due for renewal until 2020 :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Game-Month-Membership-Download/dp/B079XXN6WP/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528635183&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+game+pass

Edited by LakotaDakota

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/08/2018 at 15:09, Chindie said:

Hitman is excellent. The clockwork world pseudo puzzle solving is very very moreish.

Hitman is a bit good, isn't it? Sooooo much to do. Really enjoying and totally not what I was expecting. Liking Game Pass quite a lot.

Â