Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Not sure if anyone cares but there's very very strong rumours that Halo Infinities' Multiplayer might be shadow dropping today for Game Pass members as a celebration of 20 years of Xbox.

As someone who loved Halo 1, 2 and 3 I'm very excited by it as the beta felt like a return to form for Halo. 

Out of the new CoD, Battlefield and Halo, Halo definitely felt the best during their betas. 

I’m still playing halo 4 through the master chief collection online, this would be great news.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 18:45, avfcDJ said:

I’m shit at anything like this but I used to love Halo so will jump in, does anybody here want to do some VT multiplayer?

I'd give it a go if you're keen. How you finding it?

On 19/11/2021 at 16:07, PieFacE said:

Halo is glorious. So glad 343 are finally getting it right. Such a fun game. 

Yeah enjoying the multiplayer, it feels modern while retaining the halo charm.

Not a big fan of the b ig team battles though, too many players on each side for me, 8 v 8 would have been my preference.

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Was looking forward to playing online co-op with a mate and he tells me that's not possible until next year?!

Yeah it's been delayed with Forge. 9 month delay for co-op i think. Kinda sucks

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah it's been delayed with Forge. 9 month delay for co-op i think. Kinda sucks

So a game already delayed by 12 months needs a further 9 months for a co-op single -player? That's ridiculous. 

christmas sales and promising the brass a 2021 release at a guess, something had to give

at least it doesnt sound like a game that needs instant work doing it, its a finished product, the tweaks that will be required to the leveling up on MP will keep me away for a while but even thats manageable 

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

So a game already delayed by 12 months needs a further 9 months for a co-op single -player? That's ridiculous. 

Yeah, tis a bit. Sounds like it went through development hell. 

"Apparently" no one at 343 had even considered how co-op campaign should work seeing as it's an open world experience. So it just got put on the back burner. 

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The halo pre download didn't download the campaign 🙄

Yeah there was no preload for campaign as it's classed as DLC or some nonsense. Kinda crazy how Xboxs flagship title uses so little of Xboxs good features like smart delivery etc

Playing halo, about 30 mins in, all its done so far for me is reaffirmed it as the most overrated game series in history... 

I don't get it, never have, I think the level design is boring, the weapons beyond the assault rifle are shit, the enemies aren't very good (the little ones, grunts or whatever they're called are hands down the worst video game enemy of all time, pointless) 

I want to try and get to the open world bit and see if it changes my mind but so far it's just same old halo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Playing halo, about 30 mins in, all its done so far for me is reaffirmed it as the most overrated game series in history... 

I don't get it, never have, I think the level design is boring, the weapons beyond the assault rifle are shit, the enemies aren't very good (the little ones, grunts or whatever they're called are hands down the worst video game enemy of all time, pointless) 

I want to try and get to the open world bit and see if it changes my mind but so far it's just same old halo 

That's sad but maybe it's not just for you I guess. Halo is all about the 30 second of fun gameplay loop using the golden triangle (weapon, melee and grenade). The enemies are always going to be a bit shit 30 minutes into the game. Each weapon has a unique time and place to be used within the sandbox and it requires a bit of time to learn that. Maybe the difficulty setting you're playing on is too easy? I'm currently playing it on heroic difficulty and I'm getting my ass handed to me, took about 1 hour to beat the first boss battle. Many grunts have killed me too.

Fundamentally if you don't like Halo then you won't like Infinite. This game is a true successor to Halo 3 with enhanced equipment to use that makes exploring the open world fun, but it's all still halo and plays very much like Halo.

I can't get enough of it, but maybe just not for you?  

Oh and the grapple hook is the best implementation of a grapple hook in any game ever. So fun. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Yeah I thought that going in to it which doesn't then help

I don't like gears of war either... Not sure what game I actually bought my xbone for! I know I wanted to play cup head and I still haven't 

At the moment I dabble with game pass (currently playing FM on it) and use the Web browser on it to stream villa games 

Â