The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Just now, bobzy said:

There was contact before that, but it’s so slight. Tough one as I don’t think it can be overturned, but it’s never a pen. 

The contact before is never a foul, especially not when the ref was letting much worse go throughout the entire match

I didn't see the 'handball' incident at the time and i dont actually think it is handball (heads it down onto his own arm), but any other game they spend 5 mins looking at that. Against Man U, don't even check

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andym said:

I didn't see the 'handball' incident at the time and i dont actually think it is handball (heads it down onto his own arm), but any other game they spend 5 mins looking at that. Against Man U, don't even check

Under the current law, that current part of the arm is interfering. The fact they glanced over it is more telling.

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

The contact before is never a foul, especially not when the ref was letting much worse go throughout the entire match

I agree - but I don’t think it could/should be overturned really because there IS contact. It’s a poor decision in the first place though. 

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

That's what makes it so jarring. Ref let everything go for them, then gives that. Makes you sick.

If there's not an even playing field then whats the point?

Getting to the point where I'd love the "smaller sides" to get together and refuse to play until this is at least acknowledged and addressed. It's not even subtle decisions it's blatant all game inconsistency at times because they know there is no recourse and if a manager dares mention the officiating he is punished.

Football has been proven to be corrupt on multiple occasions. Everyone knows certain matches are fixed because dubios things have been happening in plain sight for years. VAR is yet another tool to help favourable clubs. F*** this game, don't know why I even bother to be honest.

Get the decision wrong, fine. But at least check? WTF. Why doesn't Oliver go to the monitor? Why didn't they check the handball at the end? Let a goal be scored though and they'll spend an hour trying to contrive an offside.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Get the decision wrong, fine. But at least check? WTF. Why doesn't Oliver go to the monitor? Why didn't they check the handball at the end? Let a goal be scored though and they'll spend an hour trying to contrive an offside.

He was happy to go vs Brighton for 4  minutes to find a slight touch if the ball. Con artist

• Like 2

What I find infuriating is the silence from so many pundits who are just happy to lick the soles of united's feet, whereas we ALL know the conversation would be very different had that happened at the other end.

Also, I want to see referee interviews after games, make them justify their decisions and make them take responsibility for their errors. Same goes for those incompetents in stockley park. And let us hear the audio of what they say to each other. Let them comment their own reviews on air, as they happen. About time we pressured them. 

Pressure is a luxury, right? 

14 minutes ago, WooJung said:

What I find infuriating is the silence from so many pundits who are just happy to lick the soles of united's feet, whereas we ALL know the conversation would be very different had that happened at the other end.

Also, I want to see referee interviews after games, make them justify their decisions and make them take responsibility for their errors. Same goes for those incompetents in stockley park. And let us hear the audio of what they say to each other. Let them comment their own reviews on air, as they happen. About time we pressured them. 

Pressure is a luxury, right? 

Its accountability, I have seen Michael Oliver twice in recent weeks and he has been shocking, he is supposed to be the best in England. Nuno got in trouble for calling out Lee Mason qualifications and he might be right

Â