The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

There is contact on gordon

Everything else is seemingly irrelevant 

It's what happens when you play football on a piece of paper than actually go out there and kick a ball round a field 

Didn't watch the game just the highlights but it looked like 4 massive decisions with the 2 pens, the head injury and the kudus shoulder to shoulder - I like the head injury decision, the brushing of the face go down like platoon stuff needs fixing, the shoulder to shoulder I think was right, both pens looked ropey 

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

How was the Chelsea penalty ever a penalty? That was absolutely insane, and the Burnley player got sent off for it as well!

Pen was harsh and prob wrong, but even if ref thinks that a pen, there was no need for the booking. The second booking was just very random or ref was looking to book him for the second time

And I also have no idea why that Sheffield goal was ruled out. Offside player obstructing the keeper's view in an earlier phase when the ball didn't even get anywhere near the keeper or the goal? Huh? Are they just trying to find any reason possible to disallow goals?

Refs have been utter wank this week. WTF was the ref of the West Ham Newcastle game smoking? Utterly useless. 

it still takes too long to review and come to a decision.

Why did it take so long to confirm the Chelsea penalty tonight?  Ridiculous (apart from the obvious that Coote was on it)

plus they still analise it in slow mo too many times where everything looks worse

On 30/03/2024 at 23:54, villa4europe said:

There is contact on gordon

Everything else is seemingly irrelevant 

It's what happens when you play football on a piece of paper than actually go out there and kick a ball round a field 

Didn't watch the game just the highlights but it looked like 4 massive decisions with the 2 pens, the head injury and the kudus shoulder to shoulder - I like the head injury decision, the brushing of the face go down like platoon stuff needs fixing, the shoulder to shoulder I think was right, both pens looked ropey 

In the Dale Johnson VAR review, he says that the panel will likely say it's a correct intervention due to the force of the kick from Phillips, which again shows that none of them actually know the game they manage. How else is he supposed to clear?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

How on earth did the penalty not get given last night?  If VAR can't correct something like that then what's the point?  

THIS a million times over. You have 2 officials that could have called that on the pitch, and then however many doing the VAR and not one of them thought it was a pen? The bloke was nowhere near the ball, he didn't even attempt to play it.

‚Independent panel’ say Carlos should have got a penalty against Brentford. Great. But they also unanimously said that VAR was right to not get involved  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

‚Independent panel’ say Carlos should have got a penalty against Brentford. Great. But they also unanimously said that VAR was right to not get involved  

It's a joke of a system and process. They've convoluted and made subjective the things VAR can get involved in to the point where anything they do can be argued as correct. Even when  it is demonstrably and completely wrong.

I don't mind the concept of VAR (getting wrong/missed decisions corrected)... but if this is the best they can come up with it needs scrapping. I'm sure it could be done better, but not by the people at PGMOL, the Premier League or the FA.

Always said, you've got the same shit refs running VAR , I mean what do people expect. If they were any good, they wouldn't even need a controller either, they would just replay the frames they needed.

It's flawed, cause refs have never been technicians, also the less experienced referees will never overrule experience, so not sure why they even go look at a monitor. A independent team at Stockley Park is what it needs, then the refs down on the pitch will also feel they can overule them.

51 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's a joke of a system and process. They've convoluted and made subjective the things VAR can get involved in to the point where anything they do can be argued as correct. Even when  it is demonstrably and completely wrong.

I don't mind the concept of VAR (getting wrong/missed decisions corrected)... but if this is the best they can come up with it needs scrapping. I'm sure it could be done better, but not by the people at PGMOL, the Premier League or the FA.

They say they can't interfere with blatant fouls as 'the ref saw it and didn't intervene' but by that logic it can't be used for offsides as the lino would have saw it but didn't intervene. Totally dumb 

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned. But that West Brom pen was a good one. Player fired the ball straight at the player, hit his head out of the area and given as a pen. 

They have one job  to do.😂

• 2 weeks later...

There was one yesterday where the ball struck Digne and it went behind for what should have been a corner. Officials gave a goal kick. VAR then checks for a potential handball against Digne (I don't believe it was) but the ball does clearly hit him. Penalty check complete and play resumes with a goal kick. How? I know VAR is not for reviewing things like corner decisions but when you have literally just watched a replay why is what actually happened then willfully ignored? I think a similar thing happened in Man City v Chelsea too.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2024 at 14:54, foreveryoung said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned. But that West Brom pen was a good one. Player fired the ball straight at the player, hit his head out of the area and given as a pen. 

They have one job  to do.😂

They don't have VAR do they? Is this an argument for it to exist? I guess it would have got that one overturned but given how incompetent they are I wouldn't put it past them to rule it re-refereeing a decision and ignore it. 

46 minutes ago, villan95 said:

There was one yesterday where the ball struck Digne and it went behind for what should have been a corner. Officials gave a goal kick. VAR then checks for a potential handball against Digne (I don't believe it was) but the ball does clearly hit him. Penalty check complete and play resumes with a goal kick. How? I know VAR is not for reviewing things like corner decisions but when you have literally just watched a replay why is what actually happened then willfully ignored? I think a similar thing happened in Man City v Chelsea too.

It's at the point where all corners and throw-ins should be checked and given correctly. And it should take one second.

Â