Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

35 minutes ago, striker said:

Bristol City will attack Villa as they will not park the bus so at least that will leave more space in behind them. Villa will not therefore have to break them down which has always been a major difficulty for Bruce. That just might help Villa in this game but it’s keeping them out which is the worry plus Bruce’s team selection. Depending upon that team selection Bristol may be just too pacy for Villa to handle?

We struggle against teams that keep the ball well. That's my worry. 

Think it's right to start Hogan with Davis having been sick and RHM coming back from injury.

He has to show something today thou as otherwise it will be his last start and his career here probably over more or less.

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Another chance for Hogan - he really needs to show he has something to offer us today.

to do that we need to give him the ball in the right place....and not hoofed up above his head like we have been doing

• Like 3

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

to do that we need to give him the ball in the right place....and not hoofed up above his head like we have been doing

Agreed he needs the service bur Hogan is not blameless. He needs to make better runs and show us something that makes us think he is worth persisting with.

I'd love to be proven wrong about Hogan - he's a proven Championship player and a quality finisher. But the truth is he doesn't deserve to start over either Davis or RHM. The latter actually showed more in a 15 minute cameo than Hogan did for the majority of the match against Boro. Quite frankly I think it's a disgrace and just shows that Bruce will only play the youngsters when he is forced to.