Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not very often i feel like this......but i don't think we can win this game.

Yep, Bristol are a very good side, and I totally feel the same. But... we’re at home, they’re missing their first choice ‘keeper, we’ve got a very good squad... and obviously we’re by far the best team the world has ever seen.

Going to guess 1-1... Adomah to score ours.

• Like 1

Even with the win at Middlesbrough we've been in poor form with only 6 points in the last 6, Bristol are in great form only losing to runaway Wolves and with 13 points in the last 6.

So I predict a win for us, because random.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sne said:

Rumors of a "Pre-game surprise" on the pitch today. 

What could it be?

New signing? Micah playing keepy up's? A hanging? New stadium plans? Black Sabbath concert?  Chinese fireworks? A Royal Wedding?

Hope it's not a change in goal!

• Like 1

A couple of hours ago i would have predicted a loss, but whenever I'm on the way to the ground i get a sense of optimism. 

2-0 win. 

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As long as he does it down the left instead of the right that is fine by me. 

Maybe he could put the frighteners up them by lifting his kilt as well. 

The reason the Taylors became Villa Fans My Nans cousin Charlie Ahtersith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Athersmith

Aston Villa[edit]

While at Villa Athersmith played a key role in their title winning sides of 1894, 1896, 1897, 1899 and 1900 as well as reaching three F A cup finals, finishing on the losing side in 1892 before gaining winners medals in 1895 and Double-winning final of the 1896–97 season. Athersmith's time at Villa Park also saw him in the side who suffered a sensational F A cup exit against Millwall Athletic in 1900[1]

Many Villa fans from the era often recalled a famous incident during a league game in 1901 against Sheffield United which was played in driving freezing rain he borrowed a fans umbrella and ran the wing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sne said:

Rumors of a "Pre-game surprise" on the pitch today. 

What could it be?

New signing? Micah playing keepy up's? A hanging? New stadium plans? Black Sabbath concert?  Chinese fireworks? A Royal Wedding?

A different manager other than Bruce in the dugout.

That would be a pleasant surprise.

Bristol City will attack Villa as they will not park the bus so at least that will leave more space in behind them. Villa will not therefore have to break them down which has always been a major difficulty for Bruce. That just might help Villa in this game but it’s keeping them out which is the worry plus Bruce’s team selection. Depending upon that team selection Bristol may be just too pacy for Villa to handle?

6 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

New contract for Gabby to celebrate the New Year

Don't even fecking joke about it ;)

14 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Preston winning we are out of top 6 again

God I hate this league

I thought we were out of the top 6 anyway?

33 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I have heard it will be Bruce tied to a chair and all fans are allowed to express themselves to him.

hTDGHhb.gif

I'll take care of this. 

• Like 2