Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

26 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Pity its not on TV. I didn't get to listen or hear the last game. Mrs T brought me a DAB radio to listen to it. but I couldn't tune the thing in to the right station, I had to listen to the Blues game hoping to hear dah dah dah (the goal horn) are we on DAB somewhere for every game ?

I don’t think so mate, it’s a right faff trying to track down where they are. Sometimes Radio WM has it, sometimes it’s on FM only rather than DAB because the rights are different. You’ll probably have to google it each game to see where it is, and sometimes it won’t be anywhere. 

AVTV subscription is the only way to get audio for every game (you can buy it by game or as a season pass). 

Edit: just googled, and it is on radio wm later, but it looks like just FM 95.6 FM.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Pity its not on TV. I didn't get to listen or hear the last game. Mrs T brought me a DAB radio to listen to it. but I couldn't tune the thing in to the right station, I had to listen to the Blues game hoping to hear dah dah dah (the goal horn) are we on DAB somewhere for every game ?

The sentiment of this post is exactly why I hate the Championship so much. We are reduced to waiting for a “goal horn” on a radio (if we are lucky) when we used to be able to watch every game.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The sentiment of this post is exactly why I hate the Championship so much. We are reduced to waiting for a “goal horn” on a radio (if we are lucky) when we used to be able to watch every game.

We've been spolt. That used to be absolutely the norm. No live football on TV at all, one radio commentary only on Sport On Two. 

Mind you, in those days I could actually afford to go to the match.  :rant:

I would like to see (bearing in mind injuries):

Johnstone 

Elmo   Chester   Elphick  Hutton

Snoddy  Jedinak  Hourihane  Adomah

Hogan   Hepburn-Murphy

I think either Hogan or RHM will be ineffective as a line striker, I’d prefer Davies to Hogan and Kodj to RHM but injured obv.

Unless we’ll see Taylor back for Hutton, that’s the back four I expect.

• Like 2

Well if he stands by what he’s said on numerous occasions he’s got to stick with the team the won at Middlesbrough. Think Elphick deserves to start to be honest and if Grealish’s hammy is up to it would start him.

Would love to see

Johnstone

Elmo.  Elphick.   Chester.   Hutton

Onamah

Snodgrass    Grealish.       Albert

RHM.   Hogan 

---------------- Johnstone -------------------

Elmo -- Chester -- Elphick -- Hutton

--- Lansbury -- Jedi -- Hourihane ---

--------- Onomah -- Grealish ------------

-------------------- RHM -----------------------

Whilst they created and scored the goal against Boro, I thought both Albert and Snoddy had poor games last time out.  So just for fun I'm going to go with a suitably festive, Christmas tree formation.

No chance in hell it'll happen but I would like to see Bruce come up with a side which employs Grealish and Onomah together in attacking positions.  They link up well and clearly enjoy playing together, but there's no chance Bruce will use them both in a 4-4-2 sadly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Well if he stands by what he’s said on numerous occasions he’s got to stick with the team the won at Middlesbrough. Think Elphick deserves to start to be honest and if Grealish’s hammy is up to it would start him.

Would love to see

Johnstone

Elmo.  Elphick.   Chester.   Hutton

Onamah

Snodgrass    Grealish.       Albert

RHM.   Hogan 

If he doesn't play Jedi in midfield we will get spanked into next week by Brizzle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This should be at 3pm but Bristol city revoked the 48hrs rule. Wha difference is  2 and half hours going to make?

so stupid

Yep other than their fans might appreciate the lie in on New Years Morning. 

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This should be at 3pm but Bristol city revoked the 48hrs rule. Wha difference is  2 and half hours going to make?

so stupid

Is there an obvious reason why this game doesn’t just take place tmw night? 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

You can actually watch every game oficially & legally now, You can't do that in the prem...

Rumors of a "Pre-game surprise" on the pitch today. 

What could it be?

New signing? Micah playing keepy up's? A hanging? New stadium plans? Black Sabbath concert?  Chinese fireworks? A Royal Wedding?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Alan Hutton playing Auld Lang Syne on the bagpipes.

As long as he does it down the left instead of the right that is fine by me. 

Maybe he could put the frighteners up them by lifting his kilt as well. 

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Rumors of a "Pre-game surprise" on the pitch today. 

What could it be?

New signing? Micah playing keepy up's? A hanging? New stadium plans? Black Sabbath concert?  Chinese fireworks? A Royal Wedding?

The players practicing passing the ball to each other? That would be a major suprised to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1