Racism

Brumerican

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is like some buzzfeed nonsense, the original post totally ignored the nuance of class. It is simply not the case that being born white and male instantly equals easy street. Someone who is white and poor does not have much of an advantage over someone who is not white and middle class (or wealthier). 

Excuse my ignorance but i'm not all that familiar with buzzfeed so I'm afraid I don't get your attempted put down.

I agree the OP could have been worded better but at no point has anyone tried to suggest that poor white people cant have it harder than anyone else. People's refusal to accept that being born white and male puts you into a demographic that may not be subjected to as many disadvantages as another demographic is what is close to nonsense from my perspective. That is not the same as saying 'ah well you've got it easy' and in no way does anybody's personal experiences change that.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I beleive most Somalis in the Uk live in and around London. Not many in the midlands at all. Sterotype wise, from my experience it's not the best unfortunately. 

Used to work with a little Solmalian guy many years ago - Mad little sod he was. :D

Quite funny teaching him some scottish humour catchphrases for him to repeat to others.

But he had fled his country due to wars. He watched his brother get shot to death infront of him and also nearly lost his leg being shot twice himself trying to flee.

... on the other hand it didn't stop him stabbing fellow workers in the back either in order for him to progress further whilst trampling over others to get there!  :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I beleive most Somalis in the Uk live in and around London. Not many in the midlands at all. Sterotype wise, from my experience it's not the best unfortunately. 

Big Somalian community in Liverpool

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Big Somalian community in Liverpool

Probably the oldest too. Somali seamen from northern Somalia used to migrate to the UK decades in advance of the war, most of whom settled in Liverpool for some reason. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Probably the oldest too. Somali seamen from northern Somalia used to migrate to the UK decades in advance of the war, most of whom settled in Liverpool for some reason. 

O go on, blame the Irish yet again :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm genuinely not racist.

Gammon faced, brexit voting, neo Nazi confirmed.

Notice how emtional he claimed to be in his Bruce post.  Now notice that BRUCE is white a white man, and didn't express this emotional extent when a black persons father died.

Case closed your honour.

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Notice how emtional he claimed to be in his Bruce post.  Now notice that BRUCE is white a white man, and didn't express this emotional extent when a black persons father died.

Case closed your honour.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Case closed your honour.

ff6.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m not liking that there seems to be a recent surge of minorly racist posters popping up in off topic, it’s not obvious right wing lunacy but more old style ‘innocent’ Bernard manning “I’m not racist but....” style stuff. 

You can feel it permeating through some users keyboard. Whether it’s jokes or comments, I don’t like it.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m not liking that there seems to be a recent surge of minorly racist posters popping up in off topic.

I didn't realise it was an 'elite' club.

I am sure the 'posters' you refer to find your post equally offensive stating such comments.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I didn't realise it was an 'elite' club.

I am sure the 'posters' you refer to find your post equally offensive stating such comments.

Do you feel sorry for Nazi's when offended if someone mentions that maybe killing millions of jews was a bit wrong?

Nah mate.

Edited by lapal_fan

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Just as yours is.. 

What about It?

If you're going to be offended by being labelled a racist, don't say racist things.

It's so **** easy. 

I agree.

Who said I was offended about being labelled a racist? (If this is what you mean)

I was referring to the slander side of the post brandishing rises in off topic and certain posters minor racists, rather than the core subject. Nor does it mean I treat myself as guilty if you will.

I know I am not racist so I am not offended, but slander and snow flake attitudes while skirting round the subject does annoy.

Sorry my post has got you worked up.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

16 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm genuinely not racist, but there's a pirate joke here just waiting for someone to pounce.

"I'm not racist but... some of my best friends are pirates". Yeah yeah.. heard it all before. Calling people things like "Blackbeard", "Peg Leg", "Sadie the Goat" and "Ned Kelly" - is this really now acceptable in this brave new world of 19th Century "self motivated redistributive entrepreneurship"? It makes me timbers shiver, I tells ya, hearties.

Parrot.

• Haha 4