Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

5 bookings for Snodgrass so that's him suspended for the next game. 

Not true, the deadline has passed.

Rubbish first half. Onomah seems to be either very good or very bad, never just ok. Tonight he’s awful.

• Like 1

I'm afraid we won't be getting promoted. 

Our only chance is the playoffs and last time I looked this will require us beating the better sides in the division.

Bruce has been shown up again here by one of the sides likely to finish in the top six and it's not even close.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I always wonder if people's opinions of how we'll do this season or how we're playing are influenced by the format they watch the game.

As a season ticket holder I see this cr*p most weeks yet the teams in this league are largely appalling. So when we come a half way coherent team we struggle. No one I know who sees us play regularly believes we have any chance of automatic promotion. Most feel we'll scrape the playoffs purely because of the poor standard of the league and then fail there.

We're pretty awful. We rely on two or three players and if they are injured or out of form then we're easily nullified. There's far more chance of a poor team stealing a result against us than us beating a decent team.

It all falls apart this month. We'll hover around 5-8th all season. Our loans are poor, our youngsters are the overhyped and our good players are injured. The rest are largely a middle of the Championship standard.

Meh. No surprises tonight. Fully expected.

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

I'm afraid we won't be getting promoted. 

Our only chance is the playoffs and last time I looked this will require us beating the better sides in the division.

Bruce has been shown up again here by one of the sides likely to finish in the top six and it's not even close.

Let’s hope the players don’t throw the towel in as easy as you :(

• Like 1

The one positive is that it's only 1-0 and whilst Leeds had dominated, they've not blown us away. They've pressed us well, we've given them far too much time and space. Wheelan hasn't got the legs to keep up and Hourihane isn't involved nearly enough.

Anomah is having a stinker, lots of misplaced passes, he needs pulling. 

Too many players not up for it.....first touch awful, ball control awful, not winning second balls, losing too many aerial battles..too passive not enough aggression within ourselves to fashion a result.

just coming second in every aspect of the game......don't really rate leeds, we are awful.

I quite fancy us in the playoffs if we can make it into them.

Obviously I'll have a heart attack in the week building up to the final, but I think it's our most likely route.

For tonight's game - we need to score and importantly we need to stop them scoring again - I think both those things are possible.

I'll take a point all day!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I quite fancy us in the playoffs if we can make it into them.

Obviously I'll have a heart attack in the week building up to the final, but I think it's our most likely route.

For tonight's game - we need to score and importantly we need to stop them scoring again - I think both those things are possible.

I'll take a point all day!

We're going to be playing teams like Leeds in the playoffs and this is how we play almost every time. No chance we'll go up via the playoffs as things stand.