Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

This is panning out exactly like the game last season. They are first to everything, in our faces, won't give us time, want it more, and generally just playing better. We are offering nothing. The goal was very poor defending too. Need to up our game massively. Can see Leeds scoring again though, so not looking good. 

Just now, Heretic said:

Leeds have been very good. Full of energy with ideas in the final third. Worth the lead.

Nah, I don’t see it. They are very beatable. 

Davis getting a lot of stick here, but I genuinely thought he doing ok, strong, good touches and lay offs

hard work when your midfield is utter shit and they can’t pass in a straight line

• Like 2

Hourihane's form is a concern - he's been working like a horse for the past month or so in midfield - you wonder if he might need a rest. Sadly I'm not sure we can accommodate that. With Snodgrass suspended for the next one, we might be at bare bones.

I see the anti-Bruce brigade are back out in force as soon as we start losing a game...

Poor first half but we can still get back into this, Whelan & Onomah have been poor.

Grealish on for Onomah at half time to pick some passes out further up the pitch, bring Snodgrass, Adomah and Davis into the game. Lansbury for Whelan at some point for a bit more energy in the middle.

I'd change Snodgrass for Elmo 1st of all. Snodgrass can't get in the game and perhaps Elmo wants to fight for the shirt.

Onomah has been invovled but it's not quite happening for him and Davis. Both very young players that's what happens. They aren't going to have 8 or 9/10 games every time.

We're generally very lacklustre. We look like a team playing it's 4th game in just under 2 weeks. Thank goodness for Chester bringing some calmness to the back. Pretty concerned about Johnstone on these crosses - 4 games in a row now he's cost us a goal. (Ipswich was disallowed.)

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

Nah, I don’t see it. They are very beatable. 

They've been good tonight. They know Villa often have less possession and they've capitalised by pushing forward, pressing high and forcing us to put the ball out. We've conceded from a corner and frustration at their possession has led to two of our creative players being booked.

They understand how to play us.

Does SB know how to respond?

• Like 2