Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’d be giving O’Hare 60 minutes to make an impact alongside Davis then bring Grealish on.

Usual side elsewhere with Jedi deputising for Terry

I'd be shocked if Jedi starts. He has just flown about a million miles and played two games across 2 continents. 

Not at all confident about this.

one fit striker and a new centre back partnership that will include any of Samba, Elphick or Richards alongside  Chester does not fill me with confidence.

doubt we’ll score but sure we’ll concede.

guaranteed home win for me.

I was looking at my phone and accidentally clicked in the reaction thread.  The poll is open with players to be named later.  Just playing around, I voted him man of the match, manager and referee very poor.  If a mod wants to clear those, I’ll understand.  But I think I may just make that my prediction.  B)

Based on QPR's record at home I think he'll play this team in a 4231

Johnstone

Elmo        Samba       Chester      Hutton

Jedi           Whelan

Snodgrass     Hourihane       Adomah

Davis

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Johnstone

Jedi           Whelan

Davis

I like the look of this. I don't see the point of weakening other positions too e.g. Bree, Grealish when Elmo and Adomah have been brilliant for us to now.

Jedi will give the central defense added protection so Samba shouldn't have as much to deal with as he would with just Whelan there. Hopefully this will give less chances for mistakes. 

20 hours ago, Nigel said:

My formation..

SJ

Bree      Chester   Samba   Taylor

Whelan 

Elmo     Hourihane     Adomah

O'Hare

Davis

We really are down to bare bones now, especially with Jedi not going to be fit.

Bare bones? Every single one of those players would get into most of the teams in the championship!

I don't think people realise how good our squad actually is, even with your starting XI above our bench would have players like Grealish, Hutton, Steer, Lyden, Elphick, Lansbury, De Laet. 

• Like 1

Based on who seems to be available I think I'd go with -

Johnstone

Chester

Whelan

Elmohamady/Snodgrass(If fit)--O'Hare--Grealish--Davis--McKirdy--Onomah--Hourihane--Adomah

A little bit of Joga Bonito

4-4-2? 5-3-2? I say boring. Without risks there is no genius. 

Forward, my friends. Forward!

Villa win 6-4 :flag:

55 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Bare bones? Every single one of those players would get into most of the teams in the championship!

I don't think people realise how good our squad actually is, even with your starting XI above our bench would have players like Grealish, Hutton, Steer, Lyden, Elphick, Lansbury, De Laet. 

I see decent (allbeit not really match fit) backup for midfield......and Hutton, then we are struggling!

Considering just how many games are coming up id say that constitutes bare bones!

Are Holloways teams still ridiculously open and attacking like Blackpol were?

Id like to see Jed start but it think it's asking a lot after the week he just had. 

Probably makes sense to start with the team and shape that beat Preston. Samba in for Terry. Taylor in for Hutton. 

Absolutely Zero confidence in Bruce for this one.

All the stars have aligned for him to reel off the excuses of injuries thus it‘s not his fault.

Even if Bruce picks the players who are capable of attacking football he‘ll just instruct them and set them up to be defensive, then during the game shout at them for not getting forward or hoofing it.

Some can see through it, others prefer to hang onto hope.

He can go

SJ

Bree Chester RDL Taylor

Whelan Jedi

as a defensive and destroying line.

Then let the forward line have support

Elmo/Snod (if fit) Hourihane Adomah

Davis

However, Bruce is very capable of instructing Elmo to „stay back and cover Bree but advance forward at goal kicks to head the hoof on to Davis (or their back 4) Hourihane to do the running and covering for the imobile Whelan & Jedi. Adomah is then forced back and hey presto Davis is isolated and can chase the hoofs

They guy hasn‘t got a clue.

He‘s wasting our time and Tony‘s money

9 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I was looking at my phone and accidentally clicked in the reaction thread.  The poll is open with players to be named later.  Just playing around, I voted him man of the match, manager and referee very poor.  If a mod wants to clear those, I’ll understand.  But I think I may just make that my prediction.  B)

Why did you bother to do that? Seems bizarre.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Johnstone

Jedi           Whelan

Davis

The underlined back 4 has not one single player playing in his natural position - thats asking for trouble

The bold is the strongest we can go (imho) with our current injuries

But is Snod fit?

Edited by Grasshopper

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Johnstone

Jedi           Whelan

Davis

That’s a pretty good line up, but I do feel that Davis as a lone striker will struggle. Maybe whack RHM in there with Davis if he is fit? Could be good to get a couple of the youngsters teamed up there.

Shame a few of our best performing players are injured, glad Adomah is still fit, I think he’ll be dangerous today.