Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

November's early fireworks up north seemed to fizzle out into a damp squib inside our own backyard. 'Just one of those days...' or 'you can't beat them all etc.' And added into all of that turmoil against Wednesday was the manifestation of two credible injury excuses going forward.

So, for certain there will be a shuffling of the pack... a different eleven and bench. Who will come in, who will get the boot for extra gym time? Can our rabble of 'human beings' deliver a result down Shepherds Bush way?

Surely it's Elphick over Samba... surely to god.

• Like 1

With Grealish, Kodjia, Jedinak, Samba, Hogan, O'Hare and Steer on bench.

Grealish or Kodjia could replace Adomah. Jedinak could replace replace Whelan/strengthen defence. Hogan or Kodjia could replace Davis. O'Hare/Grealish could replace Onomah or Snodgrass. Samba and Steer in absolute emergencies.

Central defence is a nightmare, Hutton is best of bad options in my opinion. Can't have both Whelan and Jedinak on pitch at same time or pass completion percentages drop in to single figures! Samba and Elphick are disasters waiting to happen but Samba gets bench spot based on physicality if really desperate.

Midfield players kept same for now. Bring on likes of Grealish/ O'Hare to change things in second half as game dictates. Kodjia has been very effective on wing before too.

Studio_20171107_045251.png

• Like 1

I thought Snodgrass had cracked ribs Mr Bauer? I'm not sure after Saturday's showing that I want a half crocked player in my starting eleven this time. Not sure I could stand the arse clenching of Hutton at centre back!!

Agree with Davis up top.

The team on Saturday is so tricky to call, it's a bugger's muddle.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2017 at 15:27, Czechlad said:

Snodgrass should be given some time to recover. A player shouldn't be playing with a cracked rib and be forced to take injections just to play. Plus I doubt he'd be able to play at 100% 

Agreed, its not as if we dont have options there, especially with Grealish's return.

On 11/7/2017 at 08:48, Raver50032 said:

I thought Snodgrass had cracked ribs Mr Bauer? I'm not sure after Saturday's showing that I want a half crocked player in my starting eleven this time. Not sure I could stand the arse clenching of Hutton at centre back!!

Agree with Davis up top.

The team on Saturday is so tricky to call, it's a bugger's muddle.

Like given for use of phrase 'bugger's muddle' as if it ain't no thing :)

I'd drop Hutton for Taylor, play Samba instead of Terry, try to fit at least one of Grealish and O'Hare in, and play Kodjia because he's the best player at the club. 

• Haha 1

Assuming he is fit and gets back from International duty to allow him a couple of days rest I'd go with Jedinak in place of Terry. Samba is just Bambi on ice and way too easily turned although in his defence after a shaky start when he came on against Shew Wed he did grow into the game.

Despite Hutton doing well at left back I'd bring Taylor back in now. I'd play Grealish at the head of a 3 man midfield with Whelan and Hourihanne and Snodgrass and Adomah either side of Kodjia, or Davis if Kodjia isn't fit.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Well good news is Steve has had a couple weeks to decide who starts next to Chester. I think since Jedinak has been away, we will see either Elphick or Samba back there. I am leaning towards Elphick just because I'd imagine Elphick will want to prove he can still play and potentially earn himself a move away.