UEFA Nations League 2019

mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gutless. Moment Turkey scored they were going to win. Guaranteed

Yeah, all Turkey had was momentum, they were really poor, again.

Sweden just didn't look bothered

Sloppy in the final 3rd and Berg can't score to save his life atm. Ended up costing us starting with 2 injured players in Lustig and Ekdahl who both had to be subbed, wasting 2 subs.

Rhoden over Sema was also a boring, safe and predictable choice that didn't pan out.

Disappointed Southgate is reverting to players just because they are at 'big clubs', even if they are not getting game time.

Welbeck predictably has been shit, and Rashford is a selfish ballhog. Would rather see someone like Deeney upfront as at least he's playing and in form.

Will never trust John Stones, he makes think so hard for himself.

Good win. The second string are terrible, as we learnt in the World Cup. Once Henderson and the like came on we moved the ball much more quicker and with purpose. Dier is atrocious and RLC was playing like he gave zero ****.

• 1 month later...

Might be it for Jogi Löw?

They are going through a generation change and today's 11 had a average age of 24.8 years with only Neuer over 30.

But atm they look miles away from finding their mojo again.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Its a pretty poor squad at the moment, defensively weak(I never rated Hummels anyway) no legs in midfield and never replaced Klose. Not just his goals but his workrate brought space for Podolski and Muller to get goals

Great week for Gibraltar.

Before this week they had played 22 competitive matches, lost all 22. Only scored 5 goals and conceded 107. (They have actually won 2 friendlies in the 6 years since their first official game(both 1-0))

This week in the nations league they have beaten Armenia 1-0 away from home and tonight beat Liechenstein 2-1. This is the first time they have ever scored more than 1 goal in a game

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That's why this format has some legs. Get international side playing similar sides at their level, rather than just pointless games in which they put 10 men behind the ball, tire, and lose 3-0 to a decent side.  Have some promotion/relegation to reward success and it will improve international football outside the summer tournaments.

Yep I've been saying for years that having the usual world and euro qualifiers as the only competitive football for these nations is pointless

Nobody benefits from Germany going to San Marino and beating them 11-0. And the minnows are always kept apart in the groups so they never play any competitive fixtures against anyone they're likely to beat.

This format has its negatives but it's surely got to be beneficial for those nations.

Somehow the Ukraine v Czech Republic game was on ESPN so I tuned in. Ukraine looked pretty decent and won their group (so i guess they have qualified for Euros or something?).

Even with the hiccups that are showing and will become apparent, I like the way of trying to give lesser talented nations matches against similar ranked sides.

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Somehow the Ukraine v Czech Republic game was on ESPN so I tuned in. Ukraine looked pretty decent and won their group (so i guess they have qualified for Euros or something?).

Even with the hiccups that are showing and will become apparent, I like the way of trying to give lesser talented nations matches against similar ranked sides.

They qualify for semi final against other group winners but will be promoted for next Nations Cup

• Thanks 1

Â