Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

6 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, it's the fans fault.   Were hysterical and not positive enough.    Absurd.  

I don't know what the "it" is you are referring to here. But nothing is the fans' "fault". The simple point is that if an attack breaks down, even through incompetent passing, there are two ways a crowd can react: 

a. (Most football fans) well tried, better luck next time, keep going

b. (The Villa faithful) groan, typical rubbish, useless, sack the manager etc.

I'm just wishing for a bit more of a.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I don't know what the "it" is you are referring to here. But nothing is the fans' "fault". The simple point is that if an attack breaks down, even through incompetent passing, there are two ways a crowd can react: 

Word

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

Yep, I enjoy watching them abd feel a tad jealous.

Blimey. Fair enough mate, I don't think we're a million miles away from either of those sides personally though. Maybe it's the objectivity of watching other teams? As none of it matters like watching Villa does. 

Not great in terms of giving possession away too easily and not having put Forest away already, but we have controlled the game very well and restricted them to knocking it around in their own half for the most part.  

Second half, we need to up the tempo and get on the front foot early. The last thing we need is for them to get a look in

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Blimey. Fair enough mate, I don't think we're a million miles away from either of those sides personally though. Maybe it's the objectivity of watching other teams? As none of it matters like watching Villa does. 

No it doesn’t, but I’d like to see our attacking players be given more chance to shine, instead of sitting back and hoping for a bit of magic. BUT, a win is a win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Sorry, Perhaps I over-reacted.  I'm tired of being told that those who don't think the manager is doing a good job are hysterical, hypercritical, impatient, negative, hurting the team, etc.  it does border on blaming the fans for his failures.   

I dont think we've played badly at all.

Created some good chances and prob should be more than 1 up.

Forest despite the posession have created little.

Most of our time on the ball has come in the attacking 3rd which is always a positive.

Whilst im not overly impressed, i am encouraged