Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Just now, Villanun said:

A couple of bright moments, solid defensively albeit against a team that hasn't offered much in the way of genuine attack, and a half-time lead, but this isn't the expansive, exciting football we've been promised.

Not bothered - it’s winning that matters 

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yes they are. Passes don't always come off, shots don't always go in, but Villa, despite playing nervously, for reasons that should be obvious for anyone, are well in control of his game and are creating enough to earn encouragement, not jeers and groans like we are currently getting at Villa Park.

Yell a bit of support and they might take encouragement. Even Dr Xia has made this point gently from time to time.

I admire your effort briny but you're p******g in the wind and you will only get wet I'm afraid. :D

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think we're playing pretty well. This is the Championship and not the Champions League... if football in this league was any good everyone would watch it. But it's not, it's crap, so we need to get out asap!

Fulham, Leeds and others seem to manage it.

• Like 3

What to say?

We are bollocks for the most part, just really poor as a team. Every team we play end up looking like Brazil. Teams like Forest and Brentford make us look really stupid for very long periods.

Still though, we knew that man for man we have a better squad than most of this division, but we are relying on them making mistakes for us to make chances. We look to have better individuals, but they are much the better team. If the plan for us is to buy the league, then you know, we ARE showing better individual quality, but relying on a couple of gifts every week from every team we play is a risky strategy to automatic promotion surely?

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Do they!? Lol. They all look sh*t to me, just like when Boro went up to the PL and lost almost every week. The gulf between the leagues is massive imo.

Yep, I enjoy watching them abd feel a tad jealous.