Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

This is very clearly an act of terrorism. Just because it's perpetrated by a white male doesn't mean that we should be any less critical of him. I can't believe the state that our country has fallen into with this really bad spiral of attacks. It feels like some of the worst months of the Troubles are back - and that wasn't a good feeling.

Shame on whoever attacks innocent people like this. We need to break this downwards spiral ASAP before this turns into a thing that happens every month like recently..

Robinson and his nutters can go live on a remote island with no food.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. 

Edited by magnkarl

Awful times we live in right now. Clearly being treated as a terrorist incident, which is good (if you know what I mean) and consistent with other recent horrors.

And like others have said, for the record, this crime of terror was NOT committed in my name either.

Word Removed.

• Like 1

Just now, magnkarl said:

This is very clearly an act of terrorism. Just because it's perpetrated by a white male doesn't mean that we should be any less critical of him. I can't believe the state that our country has fallen into with this really bad spiral of attacks. It feels like some of the worst months of the Troubles are back - and that wasn't a good feeling.

Shame on whoever attacks innocent people like this. We need to break this downwards spiral ASAP before this turns into a thing that happens every month like recently..

Whilst you're probably right, it could also be some kind of accident. Remember the dust bin lorry that ploughed into shoppers the other Christmas. That was because the driver blacked out.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whilst you're probably right, it could also be some kind of accident. Remember the dust bin lorry that ploughed into shoppers the other Christmas. That was because the driver blacked out.

Yeah, the driver blew a kiss to the horrified people through the windows of the police van (or a window of some sort). Clearly not an accident.

Edited by magnkarl

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Yeah, the drive blew a kiss to the horrified people through the windows of the police van. Clearly not an accident.

I'm at work so not really following the media on it.

I believe it wasn't actually Finsbury Park mosque but another mosque in the Finsbury Park area. Also it seems that the Finsbury Park mosque has become the hub of counter-extremism for the government (I just read somewhere).

The reporting from Fox and some of the right wing media is really disgraceful right now. Reminds me a lot of the horrible way they reported about Oslo in 2011. Everyone instantly screamed Muslim, and then when it turned it out was a white man they quickly turned to calling him mentally ill rather than the terrorist scum that he was.

Just now, omariqy said:

I believe it wasn't actually Finsbury Park mosque but another mosque in the Finsbury Park area. Also it seems that the Finsbury Park mosque has become the hub of counter-extremism for the government (I just read somewhere).

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know the area well but I believe there are two mosque's there on either side of the road. My understanding, based on reports this morning is that the incident/attack happened outside the less we'll know mosque but that the people were from the more well known one. 

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know the area well but I believe there are two mosque's there on either side of the road. My understanding, based on reports this morning is that the incident/attack happened outside the less we'll know mosque but that the people were from the more well known one. 

Yeah I think that is probably correct. It's a definitely a hub for people during Ramadan at that time. Lucky there weren't more casualties. 

• Like 1

The problem is, the media (BBC and others) have given idiots like Farage a platform to spread their hate and fear. They are not held to account by journalists who report their words as facts, not all journalists, but a lot of what is reported goes unchecked by media. Compare that to how much Corbyn has had thrown at him, from Laura K. BBC, editing quotes to make Corbyn look bad - to press being allowed to do as they please with little comeback when proven to be lies (big headline on front, small apology page 4). 

Add to that the rolling 24 hour coverage and you get exactly what you need to spread hate and fear. Nothing is countering this.

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The reporting from Fox and some of the right wing media is really disgraceful right now. Reminds me a lot of the horrible way they reported about Oslo in 2011. Everyone instantly screamed Muslim, and then when it turned it out was a white man they quickly turned to calling him mentally ill rather than the terrorist scum that he was.

All you need to know about Fox is how they reported on the Quebec shooting. It was so bad, Prime Minster Trudeau had to get them to retract their article.

• Like 3

Just now, DK82 said:

The problem is, the media (BBC and others) have given idiots like Farage a platform to spread their hate and fear. They are not held to account by journalists who report their words as facts, not all journalists, but a lot of what is reported goes unchecked by media. Compare that to how much Corbyn has had thrown at him, from Laura K. BBC, editing quotes to make Corbyn look bad - to press being allowed to do as they please with little comeback when proven to be lies (big headline on front, small apology page 4). 

Add to that the rolling 24 hour coverage and you get exactly what you need to spread hate and fear. Nothing is countering this.

The media has blood on their hands frankly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Utter word removed. I hope they put him in the same cell as a jihadist and throw away the key. 

Give them barb wires bats in a empty and let them do as they please i say. 

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Finsbury Park is a very mixed area, Africans, Muslims, white people. Its a community that absolutely respects each other. there is crime there but its not usually a religion attack area.  

Â