London Bridge Incident

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

What makes me laugh about these Jihadi nutjobs is their lives and jobs.

The first thing that comes to my mind is "yeah, d1ckheads - you were shit shovelling the streets of hackney on the bins....yeah, that's REALLY gangsta !"

But then straight after i thought "sleeper cell". Assimilate in to the local community, go under the radar. Do your evil deed and then see subsequent tv interviews with his neighbours saying "fck me, he seemed such an ordinary bloke, a bit quiet but would wave good morning to me when i took out the recyclables on a wednesday !"

it's depressing the sh1t out of me right now 

41 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've said this before. A lot of them would never last living under proper strict Islamic law.  

There is a certain irony to this comment as we are talking about suicide bombers and their ilk....

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

The first thing that comes to my mind is "yeah, d1ckheads - you were shit shovelling the streets of hackney on the bins....yeah, that's REALLY gangsta !"

But then straight after i thought "sleeper cell". Assimilate in to the local community, go under the radar. Do your evil deed and then see subsequent tv interviews with his neighbours saying "fck me, he seemed such an ordinary bloke, a bit quiet but would wave good morning to me when i took out the recyclables on a wednesday !"

it's depressing the sh1t out of me right now 

One of the attackers :

- has been filmed with the ISIS flag,
- has been a part of a group whose leader has been arrested and sent to jail, 
- has been banned from going to mosques,
- has been reported to authorities multiple times

There is no more obvious threat, that's not a sleeper cell. Everyone else will be less obvious. 

7 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

One of the attackers :

There is no more obvious threat, that's not a sleeper cell. Everyone else will be less obvious. 

terrifying isn't it. The watch list exactly is that, watch (and no action).

3 hours ago, jon_c said:

I actually think they should broadcast Four Lions everytime there's an attack, so we can mock them for the nutjob dimwits they are. The true British way. 

Certainly this one attacker seems like a Four Lions early-draft character treatment. A pastry chef, had a child with a non-Muslim, acrimonious split, seems like she wouldn't let him visit the kid. 

1 hour ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

One of the attackers :

Seems he also worked for london underground including westminster station....

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I agree its terrifying, it really is, but playing devils advocate:

do you know no action was taken?

what action do you want to be taken?

6 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

One of the attackers :

if an englishman in 1939 unfurled a nazi flag in hyde park, he'd be locked up for donkeys

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

if an englishman in 1939 unfurled a nazi flag in hyde park, he'd be locked up for donkeys

Actually they wouldn't, see the Black Shirts who were very active in that era right up until 1940 when they were broken up and members arrested.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

right, so i was off by a year then

the point being, if anyone in the uk is flying the isis flag and promoting violent jihad against the uk, they should be arrested on the spot.

Any involvement whatsoever, whether it be support on twitter or support in any shape or form they should be locked up or if they are not British citizens deported if possible. Two of the attackers last week should not of been walking the streets. The first attacker named was from a banned Islamist group who are responsible for a quarter of all attacks in the uk. It won't solve it but we need to really start coming down hard on these individuals and groups. They are using our freedom of speech against us and it's causing people to lose their lives. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Seems the 3rd attacker was on a EU wide watch list. 

BBC

One of the London Bridge attackers was able to enter the UK, despite being placed on an EU-wide watch list.

Â